U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2009, 12:52 PM

298 posts, read 624,250 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried Grocery Game? If so, did it work for you?

Coupons, Grocery Coupons - The Grocery Game :: Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 08:17 PM

1,354 posts, read 5,627,670 times
I cannot use the Grocery game because we are in a rural area. We have one store that is included in the grocery game, so it is not worth the monthly fee for me. If I lived in a city, it might be worth it. But I do use Hot Coupon World

I am able to find printable coupons, deals for the grocery store in my town, Walmart sales, and sales at the drug stores.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:40 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Yes, I started doing it many years ago when it was only in California, so not in my area. I bought the "field guide" since it wasn't available in my area. Now it is available in my area but I prefer to do it on my own. Basically I buy only what is on sale that I also have a coupon for. I shop at a store that doubles coupons. I buy meat, produce and dairy on sale (usually no coupons for them). Then plan meals from what I have on hand in my pantry that I bought on sale and with a double coupon rather than planning a menu and then buying food at full price for those meals.

I have actually gotten out of doing this, but I am starting again. I don't use the store that the Grocery Game uses in my area either. I used my own store before they were ever in my area, and I personally don't like the store in my area that they do use.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:05 PM

2,172 posts, read 6,741,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yes, I started doing it many years ago when it was only in California, so not in my area. I bought the "field guide" since it wasn't available in my area. Now it is available in my area but I prefer to do it on my own. Basically I buy only what is on sale that I also have a coupon for. I shop at a store that doubles coupons. I buy meat, produce and dairy on sale (usually no coupons for them).
If you've got a Super Target in your area, you can get coupons for meat and produce. You can print them online from the Target website. Right now they've got one for $1 off a 5-lb. bag of red potatoes.
I also get good ones at Target check out, too. They offer them for lots of their generic items and store brands. I'm on their mailing list for coupon cards that are like gift cards. You don't have to cut out a coupon, the cashier just scans the card and you get the savings for the items. Those have been very good.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:27 PM

242 posts, read 1,039,131 times
Default Grocery games different GROCERY GIMMICKS

I laughed when it first came out... BUY ONE and GET ONE FREE.... do they Really think that we are that STOOOOOOOPID? That is the worst gimmick ever.... you AINT getting NOTHING FOR FREE.... it is JUST HALF PRICE. and why don't they get rid of that other RIDICULOUS $1.99 everything is like that with the 99 hanging there, just put it up one notch to $2.00 !! ( I KNOW I AM NOT ANSWEERING the Original Poster, but had to add this one in. Back on Maui, they had this going at one store, If you spent so much money... you got to pick out a SLOPPY PAINTING, that was a JOKE.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:24 AM

1,354 posts, read 5,627,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapalua View Post
I laughed when it first came out... BUY ONE and GET ONE FREE.... do they Really think that we are that STOOOOOOOPID? That is the worst gimmick ever.... you AINT getting NOTHING FOR FREE.... it is JUST HALF PRICE. and why don't they get rid of that other RIDICULOUS $1.99 everything is like that with the 99 hanging there, just put it up one notch to $2.00 !! ( I KNOW I AM NOT ANSWEERING the Original Poster, but had to add this one in. Back on Maui, they had this going at one store, If you spent so much money... you got to pick out a SLOPPY PAINTING, that was a JOKE.
Some stores will let you use a B1G1 coupon with their B1G1 sale. Last year the new L'Oreal Vive shampoo and conditioner was on sale at Rite Aid for B1G1. I had B1G1 coupons and they let me use those coupons along with their deal. I bought 50 bottles of shampoo and 50 bottles of conditioner for $8. Safeway also lets me use B1G1 coupons. I have gotten toothpaste, air freshener, windex, and several other things for free because of B1G1 coupons and a B1G1 sale. When a great deal comes along, I try to buy as much as I can.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:08 AM

18 posts, read 87,652 times
Yes and I love it! Absolutely LOVE it.

I have a great stockpile of stuff. All my household stockpile is out in the garage. I put up two shelving units & have products separated into types - personal care items on one shelf, laundry on another, dish cleaners & household cleansers on another, etc. I have bunches of toothpaste that I got anywhere from $0.25 each to some that the store paid ME to take off the shelves. I have a stockpile of food stuff, too.

I love it because, with four kids, I invariably get a shout from upstairs about being out of deodorant or whatever...all I have to do is go to the garage & I have something that I paid just a little bit for and don't have to stress about making a special trip to the store.

We have our freezer well stocked, too...so if we're having company or even if it's just us...I can go shopping in my freezer for whatever I feel like making that day.

Definitely try it out. The 4 week trial is only $1. Start saving & organizing your coupons. Your savings will really begin to add up after about 2 months or so when you have a good stash of coupons to add to the sales.

Stacie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVbulldawg View Post
Has anyone tried Grocery Game? If so, did it work for you?

Coupons, Grocery Coupons - The Grocery Game :: Home

Old 04-22-2009, 07:24 AM

652 posts, read 2,411,637 times
I did the one month for $1. It is a really good site if you dont have the time to search yourself. I am a SAHM, so I have the time to read the sales adds and look online for coupons. there were a few things I found on that site that I would not have seen otherwise. If I had a 40hr a wk job outside the home I would continue the service. there are so many free sites to go to I dont see it worth my money though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living