U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 05:36 PM
RHB RHB started this thread

1,096 posts, read 1,838,478 times

Advertisements

Coalman,

We have a jotul, that we have a coal hopper for. We got anthracite nut coal for it. We are having a hard time getting it to light. Is there a trick to it? Did we get the wrong kind of coal? Since this is not a furnace, most of what I'm reading is for the coal furnaces not little stoves. Can you help us?

ps. I couldn't listen to the broadcast, my system wouldn't load it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 02:26 PM

16 posts, read 33,229 times
I live in a big house and it is not unusual for the monthly bill to hit 450-500 bucks.Right now i am using a bit of electricity,but i am going to get a big truck full of firewood.I ain`t gonna pay a single nickle since all they want to do is outsource and fleece.The company had the audacity to tell me that they have to import the gas from overseas.The fact is that America has way too much natural gas and it is in fact american natural gas that we are paying for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or