U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 10:39 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,925,059 times

Advertisements

Just went out for a few necessary items, not for shopping due to Black Friday. I live in a small community, but the stores were very busy and shopping carts very full. Not sure how in this economy people are affording to shop for insignificant items and "junk". We are a credit card nation, debt just a part of "normal" life for so many. That mentality has caught on with the government as well, spend, spend even if we don't have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 05:44 PM
RHB

1,096 posts, read 1,836,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnoteddie View Post
I have a rule.Well actually more than one.This rule states,...I will never wait on line to spend money.(*more than 5 minutes)
I like that.

I usually don't shop when the stores are busy. Today we had to go out...I was dreading it, but it wasn't to bad.

Not being a big shopper, I think I've only done the BF thing twice, both times invited by girlfriends, and it was more like girls a day out than the crazy shopping. We didn't do the 4am stuff.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:36 PM

3,628 posts, read 9,046,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Lot of people will be brainwashed and jump the bandwagon. They will sleep overnight to get the vouchers for that big screen TV.

You can still get a deal of a lifetime if you get there early. Definately worth it if you are buying a big ticket item.
No, it's not.

Stressing myself out over all the idiots surrounding me and/or getting trampled is not worth a piece of electronics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living