U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:17 PM

8,309 posts, read 33,388,309 times

Advertisements

I have my doubts about the efficacy of predator urine. My yard is covered with cat and dog urine and there are a lot hawks in the sky at any given time but the squirrels still find their way into my fig tree.

Sheridan makes a fine pellet gun. At least as effective as drowning.

Sheridan Airguns- Blue Streak Air Rifle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 478 times
Help! Grass will not grow under our oak tree because the squirrels dig it up! Any suggestions on grass or sod that will grow and keep those pesky squirrels from digging it up?

Old 08-15-2014, 12:32 PM

5,553 posts, read 4,409,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Squirrels can be so cute and fun to watch. Here is a blonde squirrel in our backyard.

I love squirrels. They co-exist peacefully with the cats and dogs and raccoons and skunks. They eat my pecans, but if I want pecans I'll just get them at the store. Who wants to be sitting here cracking nuts anyway? Not that the cats have never caught one, but that is the law of nature. The thought of drowning one in a bucket is kind of nuts.

I've never had them bother my crops. I used to have a big garden, but now I just get my things from the store. There are only two of us and we don't eat that much.

One squirrel used to come running to one of my big trees when I was out there hand watering. He or she would chatter until I sprinkled him with water. He/She loved it during these hot days of summer.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:33 PM

5,553 posts, read 4,409,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhedbee View Post
Help! Grass will not grow under our oak tree because the squirrels dig it up! Any suggestions on grass or sod that will grow and keep those pesky squirrels from digging it up?
What kind of oak? Grass doesn't normally grow under live oaks out here.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:10 PM

34,713 posts, read 42,854,631 times
We had a Brittany spaniel whose greatest joy in life was chasing squirrels. Every so often, she'd catch one, but she kept them away from the house, at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden