Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2010, 02:28 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,313,949 times

Advertisements

I was looking at my beans this afternoon and even though we still have a lot of blossoms, most of the beans we are now getting are on the tough side with large beans. I think they are about at the end of their life. So, for those who know gardening better than me, what can I plant this late that will give me some fall veggies? How about winter squash for starters? or can someone suggest something else. I thought I would pull the beans out early next week...I hope it isn't too late, we usually start getting frost about the first or Novmenber.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 02:52 PM

433 posts, read 1,140,215 times
I am going to try some root veggies and see if they like fall weather here.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:55 PM

25 posts, read 76,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
... what can I plant this late that will give me some fall veggies?

Nita
Nita,

I'm in the same position as you; I harvested the last of my beans this morning. In that raised bed, I will now be planting from the brassica family: kale, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, and collards. The last two, in particular, taste sweeter when touched by a light frost.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:33 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,313,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decay View Post
Nita,

I'm in the same position as you; I harvested the last of my beans this morning. In that raised bed, I will now be planting from the brassica family: kale, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, and collards. The last two, in particular, taste sweeter when touched by a light frost.
thanks, that will be a start. We love greens, or let's say the guy who thinks he is the boss likes greens, I like the broccoli and Cauliflower idea and will eat the rest..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden