U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2011, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,040,599 times
Reputation: 11043

Advertisements















SORRY....I see I put in a duplicate picture!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 AM
 
Location: From TX to VA
8,578 posts, read 5,705,574 times
Reputation: 8041
As if it matters? They're ALL beautiful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 AM
 
2,063 posts, read 6,242,715 times
Reputation: 2712
Beautiful pictures so far. I'd just finished putting in the last annuals and planned on getting out and taking a bunch of pictures to post today but yesterday's hail, wind and rain have left me with a lot of shredded plants instead of the gorgeous flowers I had. My knockout roses were more red than green before and now they are bent over with red petals all over the neighborhood! Give me a month and maybe there will be some pretty things to post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2011, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,040,599 times
Reputation: 11043
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Em View Post
Beautiful pictures so far. I'd just finished putting in the last annuals and planned on getting out and taking a bunch of pictures to post today but yesterday's hail, wind and rain have left me with a lot of shredded plants instead of the gorgeous flowers I had. My knockout roses were more red than green before and now they are bent over with red petals all over the neighborhood! Give me a month and maybe there will be some pretty things to post.

THANKYOU......I'm so sorry to hear that the weather damaged your plants. Gardening certainly has it's high and low moments.

I lost half my Orchids and most of my Euphorbias this past two winters with cold weather and root rot......best we can to is just keep planting.

Looking forward to your pictures.

Here's a few more of mine>>>>>









Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2011, 09:32 PM
 
1,673 posts, read 5,527,060 times
Reputation: 733
Here are some I took. The daylilies for last couple of years really never took off but this year whoa... Mulch is next...









Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 07:58 AM
 
Location: From TX to VA
8,578 posts, read 5,705,574 times
Reputation: 8041
Default What a view!

Citydweller, it's all so pretty! It must make for an enjoyable view every day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 07:11 PM
 
Location: NC, USA
7,088 posts, read 12,700,204 times
Reputation: 3975
Dang, I have a good camera, I just don't know how to post photos, the ones on my facebook page were posted there by a friend. Most of my tomato plants 2, 80' rows, are staked up and in flower, I have some baseball sized broccoli, 1st planting of corn is up, as are my watermelon and cantaloupe (Sugar Baby, & Hales best) cucumbers, peppers, sunflowers, Okra, yellow squash, zucchini, butternut squash, red onions, spinach and...since I have switched my fertilizer to an all organic one, my roses are in a serious show-off mode, as is the rhododendron, and azaleas. Both apple trees will bear fruit this year, for the first time, yeah, I know mixed metaphor when I say my plum tree is strutting like a peacock, but .... that's what it seems to be doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2011, 01:44 AM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,040,599 times
Reputation: 11043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Dang, I have a good camera, I just don't know how to post photos, the ones on my facebook page were posted there by a friend. Most of my tomato plants 2, 80' rows, are staked up and in flower, I have some baseball sized broccoli, 1st planting of corn is up, as are my watermelon and cantaloupe (Sugar Baby, & Hales best) cucumbers, peppers, sunflowers, Okra, yellow squash, zucchini, butternut squash, red onions, spinach and...since I have switched my fertilizer to an all organic one, my roses are in a serious show-off mode, as is the rhododendron, and azaleas. Both apple trees will bear fruit this year, for the first time, yeah, I know mixed metaphor when I say my plum tree is strutting like a peacock, but .... that's what it seems to be doing.
Your garden sounds wonderful.

To post pictures here you can join Photobucket or Imageshack.....I'm sure there are other sites. They are free. You upload pictures from your hardrive to one of those sites. Then click on the IMG link to your photo which copies the link....then paste it into your post...I myself just learned how a few weeks ago.

You can DM me if you have questions...it really is easy once you know how.









Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2011, 01:47 AM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,040,599 times
Reputation: 11043
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
Here are some I took. The daylilies for last couple of years really never took off but this year whoa... Mulch is next...








Beautiful pictures and flowers....THANX for posting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2011, 03:00 AM
 
Location: southern born and southern bred
12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
Reputation: 19530
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
Here are some I took. The daylilies for last couple of years really never took off but this year whoa... Mulch is next...









really beautiful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top