Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 03:02 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,744,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Beautiful pictures and flowers....THANX for posting!

PITTS--your pics blew me away!!! I didn't want to click on any particular one because I love them all. That tree is pretty scary though
Thanks for sharing your lovely array of beauty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 07:11 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,339,384 times
Beautiful pictures. They are making me anxious for my gardens to come into bloom!

Old 04-30-2011, 03:15 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,467,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
PITTS--your pics blew me away!!! I didn't want to click on any particular one because I love them all. That tree is pretty scary though
Thanks for sharing your lovely array of beauty
Thankyou Pippy.....I appreciate hearing that and your positive feedback.....

Only thing is with Photobucket the website keeps jumbling the pictures around between pages and I sometimes post a picture multiple times. .

We have 3 trees with faces.....Tree Beard from the Lord Of The Rings(the squirrels steal his beard so I gave up on that) and his 2 kids....LOL....

Old 04-30-2011, 03:30 PM

3,999 posts, read 4,127,041 times
I've just recently started gardening and following this forum, but here is my latest...

We had a huge, huge tree in our side yard which died and came down recently. Hubby hollowed it out for me and it took several of us to move it, but I put some drain holes in, filled and created a new front planter... As you can tell, we've still got some construction going on, and we live in the woods, but I'd love ideas for the front bank.. especially plants that love the Red Georgia Clay soil...

Old 04-30-2011, 06:33 PM

1,413 posts, read 4,474,428 times
Would love to take pics of mine but its bad time. The Daffodils are at the end of life same with Tulips. The late spring stuff is rdy to bloom but its just buds right now. Seen some great pics in this thread, wish I was further south.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:04 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,910,706 times
Pitts, your gardens and flowers are so beautiful--so tropical! I'm up in New Hampshire, so my gardens will never look like yours though I did grow some beautiful hibiscus for a couple of years (they got too big to drag the pots inside each fall for 6 months...)

I very much enjoyed City Dweller's pictures as well. Are these blooms really from this year?? WOW! I won't see my day lily or salvia bloom until the end of June, or later. What blooms late summer down your way?

The only thing blooming in my gardens right now are dafodills, and they just opened up a day or two ago. It's been a loooong winter, and I am very much ready for my gardens to come alive!!

Old 04-30-2011, 08:41 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,616,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Pitts, your gardens and flowers are so beautiful--so tropical! I'm up in New Hampshire, so my gardens will never look like yours though I did grow some beautiful hibiscus for a couple of years (they got too big to drag the pots inside each fall for 6 months...)

I very much enjoyed City Dweller's pictures as well. Are these blooms really from this year?? WOW! I won't see my day lily or salvia bloom until the end of June, or later. What blooms late summer down your way?

The only thing blooming in my gardens right now are dafodills, and they just opened up a day or two ago. It's been a loooong winter, and I am very much ready for my gardens to come alive!!
Valerie: I have two gardens, plus a container garden of dahlias. I do not drag the container into the garages, what I do is I take the plant with soil around it, by trying not to disturb it as much as I can, I put it on a double plastic bag, hang it from the basement or garage ceiling or walls, and presto. Everyone comes back from their sleep beautifully. All my tropicals are in excellent shape.

My dahlias are 10-12 inches across. I just bought a camera, and as soon as my grandson teaches me how to place them here, I will surprise all of you. It is hard to catch up with these young folks, they are always partying!!! Go figure.......

Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,616,327 times
Pittston: I enjoyed your flowers so much. They are beautiful. Keep up the good work, and thank you.... By the way, Sarasota is one of my favorite Florida places...

Old 05-01-2011, 10:26 PM

44,293 posts, read 19,962,634 times
Everyone's photos are lovely! I so enjoy looking at other people's gardens!
Here are a few photos I took in my garden yesterday afternoon.

Some cool tulips.

Love these daffodils!

Yellow and red tulip.

Mini daffodils. There are 3 tiny flowers on each stem.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:58 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,052,369 times
PJ8, those pictures are great! I especially like the mini-daffodils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden