U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:27 PM

4,135 posts, read 9,427,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
After reading about the Top Ten, I started looking around at other poisonous plant lists and bumped into this very comprehensive listing,

Garden Plants Poisonous To People
http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/ass...-to-people.pdf

I work around a lot of these plants all the time (don't eat them though), and I've never noticed any kind of ill affect. Just last week I cut down a forest of 10 foot tall foxglove that had finished flowering and hauled them off to the compost. No problem. We have oodles of helebores and hydrangeas and I'm frequently pruning and digging them, no problems.

Huh. Well I guess it's too late for me to start worrying now....must have an iron constitution.
I wonder if the compost from this is going to your vegetable garden? We have 2 composts: one for the garden (only kitchen scraps and coffee grounds and washed out eggshells) ..... and another for brush. I hope yours is in a brush pile. mine would be. Quite a .pdf there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 02:50 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,387,101 times
I was reading about the Yews and apparently if a horse were to ingest it, it wouldn't take that long for it to die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or