U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:25 PM

3,583 posts, read 10,247,632 times

Advertisements

Priced out the edging I want and calculated how much we will need and how much it will cost. Oh...also took pictures of the front bed with all the planting complete. I've attached a few "after" shots The before pictures can be found in this thread:

What would you do with this area?

All thats left to do is the edging....and the irrigation. For some reason its not working well on one side but that fix is for tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
What did you do in your garden today?-front-door-completed.jpg   What did you do in your garden today?-front-left-completed.jpg   What did you do in your garden today?-front-middle-completed.jpg   What did you do in your garden today?-front-right-completed.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 08:11 AM

69,306 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Priced out the edging I want and calculated how much we will need and how much it will cost. Oh...also took pictures of the front bed with all the planting complete. I've attached a few "after" shots The before pictures can be found in this thread:

What would you do with this area?

All thats left to do is the edging....and the irrigation. For some reason its not working well on one side but that fix is for tomorrow.
looks great!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 12:47 PM

983 posts, read 2,103,975 times
I have been sitting outside it's very nice and I am enjoying it very much. I picked couple eggplants from my trees, I think they are ready to be pulled out now. I bought some garden soil and some cow manure. I intend to start preparing the veggie beds over the next few weeks. I have a lot to do but I need to remove everything first before I start. One step at a time, but for now, I am enjoying sitting outside in the afternoons.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:00 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,625,250 times
We got 8" of rain over the weekend.........the garden isnt flooded, but its very, very wet.
Worried about everything getting root rot.
-sigh-

Old 10-10-2011, 02:51 PM

31,193 posts, read 57,317,340 times
What did I do in my garden today?

I done ripped it out! Picked the last of the tomatoes, but left the bell and Anaheim peppers in until it frosts.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:11 PM

6,474 posts, read 13,413,676 times
I'm sorry to hear that kshe95girl...hopefully the veggies will still be OK.

I installed some lighting along the path in the future woodland garden. I also marked out the beds for Spring and planted some blueberries, juniper etc. I spent the whole day looking at my deck planting...and it turns out the area's in part shade. OK to be honest...it is pretty freaking shady.

I don't know what I was smoking when I thought it was full sun. Luckily I got English roses, and apparently they're adaptable to partial shade. I need to move the junipers before the rain, because it is way too shady for them. So, I re-tooled some plans for the backyard and put some of the plants in other locations. At least I caught it before it was too late, right?

Old 10-11-2011, 12:42 PM

885 posts, read 1,273,113 times
Planted a rose, relocated some groundcover

Old 10-11-2011, 03:06 PM

3,583 posts, read 10,247,632 times
Sigh...cleaned out another of our backyard beds that the former owners filled with white gravel. Was going to get the landscape fabric down today too but my back is saying "enough" for today

Oh and also bought two very pretty mums from the nursery this morning. (I just couldn't help myself!) They will definately brighten up the bed after I get them planted tomorrow! Looks so much better than white gravel, don't you think?
Attached Thumbnails
What did you do in your garden today?-mums.jpg  

Old 10-11-2011, 03:38 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,625,250 times
Still too wet to really do anything in the garden, theres a lot of damage from all the rain.
The Weather Channel is saying that it was actually a tropical storm that moved through.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:22 PM

6,474 posts, read 13,413,676 times
I had a lot of stress to relieve. Horrible day in class on Monday, horrible day at work...horrible car issues. Ugh so I wasted hours watering plants, covering my expanded garden bed with paper "mulch", raked leaves and planted seeds in the woods.

I installed the motion lights, so when I walk down the path, it sorta lights up! I got the great blue lobelia and other seeds in the mail, so I spread them. Ugh...I am still stressed and upset. but not as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or