U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 05:55 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,277,699 times

Advertisements

Growing up, we'd get them in the house once in awhile. Yes, talk about a nuisance. I'd just kill them and deal with the stink. Ick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 01:57 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,942,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Growing up, we'd get them in the house once in awhile. Yes, talk about a nuisance. I'd just kill them and deal with the stink. Ick.
We vacuumed them up and have never smelled them. I think it's the Dyson swirly thing. They don't know what hit them. What a commercial that would make!

Old 03-02-2012, 02:07 PM

1,723 posts, read 3,179,768 times

admit it. Your real name is Goldengrain Dyson, isn't it???

I'm on to you.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 PM

13,150 posts, read 10,574,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post

I'm on to you.

Our central vacuum also works pretty good. It gives them a longer ride for their money! I also donít have to empty it until I have twenty galleons of the little critters - Dyson canít hold itís bugs like that! Fortunately we have not had numbers like that for many years.

My favorite method is still a little charcoal lighter fluid in the bottom of an old plastic cup (like a sour cream or cottage cheese container). I just put the cup under the bugs and use a paint brush to give them a nudge off the screen or window. They fall down into the cup and canít swim in the thin petroleum product. I can then start my charcoal and enjoy the special stink bug flavoring on my steaks! One of these days they will probably have stink bugs as the secret ingredient on Chopped Chef!

Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:

I'm on to you.
You found me out. No, I just never got much satisfaction out of vacuuming, and I never had a vacuum cleaner that cost so much. I guess it's that I can see the dust and kitty litter trapped in that little container and the easily detachable handle, so I can reach high places. I'm in no way affiliated, neither do I know anyone who is, I am just so pleased with this machine. Yes. We will give it up for a whole house vacuum shortly, also.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:22 PM

1,723 posts, read 3,179,768 times
I have a whole house vacuum and it sucks... well, unfortunately not literally, just figuratively. and it's forever getting clogged.

I hate it. and they ain't cheap either. So, before you invest your money, check them out thoroughly.

I have my little dirt devil and he would suck up those nasty little stink bugs if I let him any ol' time.

*I had to add the stink bug sentence otherwise I'd be really off topic.

edited to add.. Nevermind.. forget what I said up there.
Can I have your Dyson?

Old 03-04-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:

*I had to add the stink bug sentence otherwise I'd be really off topic.

edited to add.. Nevermind.. forget what I said up there.
Can I have your Dyson?
Duh, maybe after reading your post, I should keep it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden