U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:08 PM

8,957 posts, read 17,079,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Hold on a second. I am talking about the gas pouring out of the tank because the entire mower is jacked up in the air on angle. You follow? Same on the oil.

Not that you would trying to dump the gas out. Or the oil. Oh and another -- look out for it dumping the acid/water out of the battery.
Yes, I understood your meaning clearly, thanks.

On my Deere it would be very hard to spill anything since all are sealed but this could be a big concern for riding mowers of lesser quality. So your warning is very valid that owners of lesser quality mowers reading this should take heed of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 AM

13,613 posts, read 29,625,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Always support the tractor on stands before you get underneath. Mechanical or hydraulic jacks can fail and trap a person under the load. Be careful.
It has safety pins that pop into place once you get it up to a certain height.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:23 AM

13,613 posts, read 29,625,216 times
Quote:
Hold on a second. I am talking about the gas pouring out of the tank because the entire mower is jacked up in the air on angle. You follow? Same on the oil.

Not that you would trying to dump the gas out. Or the oil. Oh and another -- look out for it dumping the acid/water out of the battery.
I work part time at a well known farm supply store, so I've set up and sold many Mo-Jacks (and a hydraulic knock off brand). I've put tractors and zero-turns on these things and have never had any problem with oil or battery leakage. Gas could leak though if it's full, especially with a zero-turn, but I'm not sure since we don't put gas in them on the sales floor.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:38 PM

404 posts, read 699,184 times
Quote:
Be careful about dumping the gas out of the tank, and lube oil out the engine and gear-box/transmission.

I would look through articles and forums on >>>

TractorByNet.com | Compact Tractors | John Deere, Kubota, New Holland

for these type detailed discussions.
I have a John Deere x304, I've raised it to its highest point, never had an issue with fuel.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:40 PM

404 posts, read 699,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Thanks for the heads up.

However, I will never use the mojack to do those tasks. I bought it for taking care of greasing and blade changes and nothing else since I can't get on my knees anymore.
We got ours so we can clean our decks easier. Drive it on, raise it up, spray & gently scrape...all done ten min later.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:57 PM

8,957 posts, read 17,079,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2byte View Post
We got ours so we can clean our decks easier. Drive it on, raise it up, spray & gently scrape...all done ten min later.
Good news indeed!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or