Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:15 AM

45 posts, read 94,822 times

Advertisements

Why? Just why???????????? I am trying to enjoy myself and someone is blowing leaves to some other location.

What is wrong with leaves? And don't you know that in an hour they will be BACK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 09:19 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,198,655 times
Yeah, I've always hated them. What's wrong with rakes? Oh, I know, fat, lazy Americans don't like those anymore. Let's all hire a crew of landscapers to come and blow every leaf and blade of grass out of our yards every week. And while we're at it, all of you business owners be sure to hire some clown to stand on the curb blowing dust out of your parking lot at passing cars.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:23 AM

Default I am sitting at an outdoor cafe and it WAS beautiful:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Yeah, I've always hated them. What's wrong with rakes? Oh, I know, fat, lazy Americans don't like those anymore. Let's all hire a crew of landscapers to come and blow every leaf and blade of grass out of our yards every week. And while we're at it, all of you business owners be sure to hire some clown to stand on the curb blowing dust out of your parking lot at passing cars.
the fall weather is just divine, it was QUIET and then...he came! That noise from the pit of Hell. And the totally bizarre part is that it only blows them; it's not even a vacuum!

The worst part is how pointless it all is. The wind is blowing, there are leaves on lawns across the street and I bet in two hours it will be back to Square 1.

And why are homeowners so anal? Isn't it NICE to see a leaf-covered lawn in September? But these are the same folks who poison the ecosystem by using chemicals on their lawns so what do I expect?

Old 09-25-2013, 09:39 AM

22,258 posts, read 47,182,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my name is mud. View Post
And why are homeowners so anal? Isn't it NICE to see a leaf-covered lawn in September? But these are the same folks who poison the ecosystem by using chemicals on their lawns so what do I expect?

No, it is not.
Leaving leaves on the lawn can and will kill the lawn.
No one wants to reseed every year....

I am guessing you do not own a home. Maintenance is required for one.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:42 AM

20,683 posts, read 19,804,862 times
While we are at the leaf blower topic - does anybody know why just every gardener likes to blow the leaves onto the front door?

I specifically tell them NOT to do it and they do it anyway. I end up cleaning my front door every week and go nuts doing so.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
No, it is not.
Leaving leaves on the lawn can and will kill the lawn.
No one wants to reseed every year....

I am guessing you do not own a home. Maintenance is required for one.
Mulch? Ever heard of it? You mow your lawn full of leaves and it nourishes it. I guess God isn't clueless after all...

Old 09-25-2013, 10:50 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my name is mud. View Post
Why? Just why???????????? I am trying to enjoy myself and someone is blowing leaves to some other location.

What is wrong with leaves? And don't you know that in an hour they will be BACK?
Not to mention the gasoline smell that drifts all over the neighborhood.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:03 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,146,158 times
i totally agree. Leafblowers are so counterintuitive, they make alot of noise pollution and gas fumes, and dont solve anything that needs solving. Some areas have city ordinances against them.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
i totally agree. Leafblowers are so counterintuitive, they make alot of noise pollution and gas fumes, and dont solve anything that needs solving. Some areas have city ordinances against them.
I always make sure to praise homeowners who RAKE and use manual mowers!

Old 09-25-2013, 12:50 PM

8,073 posts, read 9,991,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
... And while we're at it, all of you business owners be sure to hire some clown to stand on the curb blowing dust out of your parking lot at passing cars.

The leaf blowers sure do destroy the tranquility of a peaceful neighborhood, but it is necessary to get the leaves off of the lawn or the results will not be good...from smothered grass to mold build up, and worse. I personally HATE to rake (but I do), and if the blower is necessary (I don't own one) after eleven and before five sounds reasonable.

Now, I agree, what is it with these guys who blow the leaves into the road....ditto the guys who plow snow and think the public road is a good place to leave it? Arrogance? Stupidity? Lazy? Just plain incompetence? "Here's a n 'empty' space, let me blow it here....." the sides of my car be damned...or worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden