U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:45 PM

14,078 posts, read 30,256,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Until you get into the pricey range, not too much difference between. In the lower price ranges, the Craftsman have a super tight turning radius in the riding mower class.
Many riders now come with a tighter turning radius, unfortunately they also dig up the grass with the front tires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 10:04 PM

4,810 posts, read 8,544,455 times
I have a Honda self-propelled. I am so glad that I got it.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 642 times
All I can say is that last year we purchased a riding mower, 39" deck. For three years I used a push mower and it was horrible. Spending roughly 3 hours mowing the lawn on the weekend doing a death march back and forth was not fun at all. Riding mower for the back yard made all the difference in the world and cut the time down to 1hr for the whole thing. Still use the push mower on the front yard as the slope is too much for the riding one.

As for mulching/bagging, that's up to you. Personally I'd rather leave the cut grass on the lawn to keep moisture in.

It is important to choose a lawn mower, which has parts. I would advise to check availability of spare parts here [url]www.lawnmowerpros.com[/url]. Very often, because of the lack of spare parts have to buy a new lawn mower.

Last edited by DupuDam; 03-27-2014 at 08:37 AM..

Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM

20 posts, read 2,281 times
You can have Yard Machines 159cc mower. It is a great little self-propelled gas lawn mower. With this mower, you can easily mow the grass. Set up and operations are extremely simple. It accommodates small to medium size yards with front wheel drive and one single forward speed to power through your outdoor yard tasks. The best thing is that it not that expensive.

Old Today, 06:55 PM

12,759 posts, read 8,694,440 times
Get a EGO and no more gas.

Old Today, 07:33 PM

521 posts, read 217,077 times
I had a Toro and a Lawnboy. Both were good until carb issues. Now I have a Honda. It has been the best. I also only fuel with non-ethanol gas for all of my small engines. Toro has 30” push mower. Thought about getting that one for 1k.

Side note: I have a zero turn which is an awesome machine. The only issue is with converting from mulch to bagger. Major pain. I have left the bagger on now for some time, but I miss mulching during the hot summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or