Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:27 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I love the way when they are just round buds there is always an ant roaming around on it. The ants do no damage ... just a normal thing on peonies. I think the bud secretes some kind of sugary moisture ... correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, you're right. I adore peonies, too and also irises. I think the best smell on earth must be these two flowers.

The workhorses of my southern garden are repeat blooming daylilies. They can bake in the sun and be happy as can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 09:23 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,067,462 times
Right now my favorites are my beautiful Spider Lilies but I'm confused.

I know they are bulbs and research tells me they do not produce seed. Yet I read about them showing up in some lawns and I have some I swear I don't remember planting. I'm thinking they were mixed in with the iris or daylilies I dug up from previous Atlanta garden and are just now mature enough to bloom. However they got here I'm delighted. I have a heavy planting of amaryllis and spider lily (same family) so now the foliage from the amarylis and the spiders look so beautiful together. Wish I could post a picture. Maybe 12 year old daughter will help when she gets home from school!

BTW thanks to all who posted beautiful pictures of their favorites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden