U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 08:49 AM

16,724 posts, read 13,665,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Is it wrong that I laughed out loud at this?
LOL. I know, I was like, "Are you effing kidding me?!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 09:10 AM

31,159 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
It's those anvils you really gotta watch out for...
And falling safes.

Oh, and don't forget to watch out when you round a corner, because someone just might be holding a cast iron frying pan at eye level. That smarts.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:33 AM

574 posts, read 965,028 times
I did it last weekend - was in the garage and stepped on a smaller rake that's only about waist high - luckily it hit me on the inner thigh and not the crotch. It stung and then I just laughed to myself about it, made me think of that Simpsons where Sideshow Bob is in a field of rakes and keeps stepping on them.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:11 PM

25,800 posts, read 49,685,561 times
My Mom would never let us place a rake like this... she had a story about a neighbor kid that lost an eye from stepping on a rake.

Sometime parents need to be brutally honest for it to sink in.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:59 PM

20,344 posts, read 20,415,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I was getting back into my car at a hotel when I stepped in a gooey wad of gum, and while I was hopping around trying to figure out how to scrape it off, I tripped and fell on the curb and sat in a pile of warm dog poop.
so you think that was dog poop, eh?

Old 09-30-2014, 01:03 PM

16,724 posts, read 13,665,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
so you think that was dog poop, eh?

Old 09-30-2014, 02:17 PM

2,079 posts, read 1,719,411 times
Thank you so much for starting this thread. I needed the laugh.

Garden-wise, I've never stepped on a rake and had it smack me in the face, but there's still time. I have, however, almost punched myself in the face pulling out some particularly stubborn weeds. I've also misplaced tools even though they already have bright orange handles.

Non-garden accidents include smacking myself in the eyebrow on the corner of the door moulding while reaching over the side of my sink to get the cord to plug in my Water-Pik. I ended up having a black eye for about a week. In the middle of July, I was going down my basement stairs when I somehow fell down the last three and broke my fifth metatarsal. It's better now, thank goodness. The first day back at work after the foot was broken, I was trying to hurry up on my crutches and I face-planted on the floor in front of everyone. I've also tripped on my purse strap and fell UP the steps.

Even when I went to NYC the other day, the first thing that I did when I was leaving the Port Authority was almost walk straight into a glass window. Guess I thought it was an open door. Tripped a few times walking around the city.

I really don't know what my issue is. I'm not drunk off my behind, nor do I have my face glued to my phone when these things happen. I am either trying to hurry to do something, or I have a ton of stuff on my mind, or both.

Guess I need to check myself before I wreck myself. LOL.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:36 PM

84 posts, read 62,237 times
This happened to me *weekly* growing up on a farm. Laughed every time, but never seemed to learn my lesson/be more careful.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:33 PM

2,898 posts, read 4,949,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
I actually did that. I stepped on the hoe and it shot up and hit me in the forehead... hard.
I've never lived anywhere with a yard... but growing up in cities if one stepped on a 'ho one would most certainly get a shot to the forehead, hard, Laurie.

I'm a very clumsy person because I move quickly (at all times, for no reason) & multitask to the point that I can't recall 12 of the 25 things I was just doing at the same time. To that end, I'm continually banging into walls, slamming my knees/elbows into doorways & tripping over nothing... do other people trip on nothing on the floor, too?

But, once I fell off my Nordic Track whilst drinking espresso. I was hoping to switch from evening exercise to morning to force myself to become a morning person. Bad idea. Honestly, even though I was walking, I swear I fell asleep standing up, my cup started to tip & somehow my feet couldn't keep up with my brilliant twist on multitasking... & thar she blows... toppled over like a sack of potatoes. I'm so glad it didn't happen in the gym. I now safely exercise at night & try to do nothing in the morning that requires any thought process whatsoever.

BTW, this is the funniest thread I've read... such great stories. Cheers for the laughs, All!

Old 09-30-2014, 04:00 PM

7,128 posts, read 5,942,160 times
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbd4t-ua-WQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or