U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriacb View Post
Hi... mine's doing the same thing, and it's been used only a couple of times early this summer. I bought an additional battery at the same time, which has been in the charger the whole time. This thing worked fine for half my driveway, then just stopped. I figured the battery died, so switched them out, and still no go. I will recharge both and see what happens.

I realize this post is old, but has anyone figured out the real fix? I have had my ONE+ Ryobi trimmer for less than a month, and it is doing the same thing. It began the first day I used it. First thing out of the garage, runs like a champ. After that, if I stop I have to raise the trimmer head in the air to power the trimmer spool. I don't mind really, figure it's some sort of safety thing, start it up in the air away from feet? Would like to know why it's doing this, if anyone has found a fix, and what to do about it It's not the battery, because I have used different batteries and get the same result. High speed, low speed, same result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 03:33 PM

182 posts, read 86,512 times
This problem is very common with Ryobi products. This company's products are garbage.

Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 7 times
Gas weed eaters weigh to much for me; I take care of our lawn and my defibrillator for my heart only allows me to lift a certain weight...it’s far exceeded with a gas trimmer. I loved my gas one but...don’t have a choice. We have 5 acres to mow and a lot of trim around front pastures and the house. Shy of paying $125-150 a week for someone else to do it and trim every 3 weeks at most, I’m stuck trying to get this frigging battery one to work. :|

Old Today, 05:26 PM

182 posts, read 86,512 times
Some people get a bunch of goats and they take care of the weed problem too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden