U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 06:43 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,177,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Federal employees are not exempt from laws. Call your local prosecutor, explain the problem with his refusal to comply with your orders, and ask how you can prosecute. Don't bother with either the police or the post office. Prosecutors are either politician themselves or work for politicians. That just about guarantees responsiveness.

Do not try to get him wet or do anything on your own; you could easily be charged with a federal crime.
So your saying in your area the laws are not followed; its all about influence. Hopefully your prosecutor does not agree and goes thru proper channels to file a case or refers you to civil court. To file here in such minor cases requires you file a complaint with police at department then it goes for consideration to see if a probable cause is established to then let you sign swearing to facts and issue a summons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 07:16 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,069,779 times
Thank you everyone for all your comments! Crazy- I had no idea there would be so many different takes on my situation. I love all your ideas and hearing your solutions. While I would never do anything anything that might injure, harm, or cause trauma to anyone, I do find some of your ideas quite- how shall I put it- creative

I understand that mail carriers want to do their job quickly and efficiently, but it is utterly incomprehensible to me that they would deliberately walk through an area that someone has very obviously put time and effort into cultivating. It would seem that common courtesy would tell them not to do this. I am probably beating a dead horse at this point so will let it go.

My first step will be to go speak with the postmaster. Hopefully that will work. If it doesn't I will go to my neighborhood association which is very supportive of beautification projects. Otherwise I will look into putting up a 4' fence, but I really think it is ridiculous that I would need to go to those lengths just to get someone from trampling on my plants.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:19 PM

3,759 posts, read 2,920,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
Good point, and that is a felony.
So you are going to charge the sprinkler with a felony? Who in the world would have a sprinkler running in their garden, blasphemy!

If a mailman is cutting thru a garden that has a sprinkler running, its his fault if the mail got ruined.

Ive never heard of such rude behavior in my life. Around here, not only would a mail person not ignore a request like that, but they wouldnt even be so ignorant as to walk thru someones garden.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:39 PM

38,716 posts, read 45,171,822 times
Plant a prickly pear cactus at the path entrance.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:10 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,225,670 times
You could call the police and charge him with trespassing on private property. If you can get charged with trespassing for changing seats on an airplane (moving to an empty seat) surely you can press charges here.... Doesn't make sense for one and not the other.
Best of luck.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:34 PM

6,365 posts, read 7,358,842 times
Quote:
As for the bear trap idea, don't even get me started. It is not just stupid and inhuman, it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
It was also a joke.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:41 PM

2,702 posts, read 3,452,024 times
I love the idea that most everyone is suggesting something crappy.. Well the PO does NOT have to deliver your mail if you do things.. or cause certain problems... There is no law that states they HAVE TO deliver your mail to your residence...

So if you do something drastic that "could" interfere or harm the carrier they could make you start going to get your mail...

Old 12-28-2014, 10:03 PM

21,576 posts, read 26,211,757 times
Inform the postmaster that the carrier is not just taking a shortcut, he's damaging your property. If it continues, ask the help of your Congressperson. Federal employees do not like getting noticed by Congress critters!

Old 12-29-2014, 02:56 AM

24,511 posts, read 34,197,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman91919 View Post
Can you put down a few stepping stones and make a pathway? If you think about it, that's kind of a crappy job, having to deal with picky people all day, always someone upset about something. Why not try to challenge yourself and be nice, make it easier for someone else.
I'm not convinced that accommodating an idiot is good for anyone. It's not even good for the Postal carrier in the long run.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:58 AM

24,511 posts, read 34,197,720 times
Quote:
Good point, and that is a felony.
It wouldn't be a felony. The carrier was trespassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden