Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 06:19 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,700,161 times

Advertisements

I planted this back in April and it is growing beautifully but it has no flowers. I am pretty sure it was from flower seeds. Is this a flowering vine? Or no? If it's not going to have flowers, that's fine. I just noticed it's growing like crazy! I love it I just wanted to know if it will yield flowers eventually?
Attached Thumbnails
What kind of vine (flower/plant) is this?-imag5205.jpg   What kind of vine (flower/plant) is this?-imag5203.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 07:45 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,079,542 times
Looks like a Morning Glory to me.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:17 AM

1,794 posts, read 4,892,128 times
Wanna,
Do you remember planting Moonflower seeds? They are big and white, smooth.
They look exactly like morning glory, but the bloom in the fall, not summer.
If it didn't bloom, it's not Morning glory, it would have definately bloomed by now.
It will get big white flowers in a couple weeks, when the weather cools off.
They open at sundown. Moths are their pollinators.
I have a few growing, I wish I had potted them though, My soil is so bad
that they really are having a hard time growing.
Next year, I will use a pot and potting soil like you did.
When they bloom, look for the seeds, you an use them next year too.
The fragrance is truly fresh and sweet, I love them.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIcenter View Post
Looks like a Morning Glory to me.
Thank you It says Morning Glory's don't like a lot of water. I do water daily or every other day, lightly. Is this why I have no flowers on them?

Old 08-26-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
Wanna,
Do you remember planting Moonflower seeds? They are big and white, smooth.
They look exactly like morning glory, but the bloom in the fall, not summer.
If it didn't bloom, it's not Morning glory, it would have definately bloomed by now.
It will get big white flowers in a couple weeks, when the weather cools off.
They open at sundown. Moths are their pollinators.
I have a few growing, I wish I had potted them though, My soil is so bad
that they really are having a hard time growing.
Next year, I will use a pot and potting soil like you did.
When they bloom, look for the seeds, you an use them next year too.
The fragrance is truly fresh and sweet, I love them.

At closer inspection, it looks like little buds are forming. I wonder what color I will get if I get lucky and have flowers, so you think white?

I do remember this was a bigger seed. Will this beautiful vining plant die in winter? I imagine I can't bring it inside? It's what I want to do with most of them, when harsh winter approaches.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:34 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,079,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Thank you It says Morning Glory's don't like a lot of water. I do water daily or every other day, lightly. Is this why I have no flowers on them?
It's hard to tell from your photos, but my guess is they did not reach full height potential. Meaning whatever they are growing on is still taller than the plant itself. When the top of the plant starts to roll over on itself, this is when I find they really go into full flower production. Also only water when you see then start to wilt. The only other reason they might not be flowering is if you used a high nitrogen fertilizer on them.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIcenter View Post
It's hard to tell from your photos, but my guess is they did not reach full height potential. Meaning whatever they are growing on is still taller than the plant itself. When the top of the plant starts to roll over on itself, this is when I find they really go into full flower production. Also only water when you see then start to wilt. The only other reason they might not be flowering is if you used a high nitrogen fertilizer on them.
Thank you.. I take a mister bottle and mist them every other morning. It does rain here, depending on the week. I guess I should not mist them and just wait until they look rather dry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden