U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 03:39 PM

168 posts, read 100,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Does the OP mean bullied or nagged. Two entirely different concepts. Does the OP feel threatened? Or merely annoyed with his neighbors for hounding him? Let us use the correct term and not exaggerate because it minimizes the effects on those who are truly bullied about things. I know, picky, picky. But still.

Round up is NOT a carcinogen. It is unfortunate that pseudoscience is being used to promote this and the WHO has fallen victim. It saddens those of us who are good scientists.

I preach the same gospel. Everything's "bullying" and "shaming" these days. Unless someone harms or threatens to harm you, it ain't "bullying".

Old 11-02-2015, 04:16 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,354,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan20 View Post
I preach the same gospel. Everything's "bullying" and "shaming" these days. Unless someone harms or threatens to harm you, it ain't "bullying".
Tell that to the parents of those bullied kids, the ones who've ended up hanging from a rope.

Your Old Fashioned idea of "bullying" is just that.

Out dated.

Cyberbullying is real and costs lives without a hand being raised. Bullying in general tends to escalate, not diminish, because the bully ENJOYS it.

One of the suicides I mention on the suicide thread was a 63 year old woman financially comfortable, who was cyber bullied to death. By grown women and men. Just because she didn't agree with their view of the world.

Its like telling a Home Invasion victim "get over it, at least they didn't steal anything". The sense of no longer being safe in your own home, remains.

For me, being shamelessly bullied by a couple of OAPs - they've utterly removed my sense of being at home. I feel like a guest still and Ive been here nearly a year.

They haven't laid a finger on me but by God, they've done some damage. And I'm no spring chicken myself, and been bullied by experts.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:21 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,102,802 times
Have you tried spraying it with vinegar?

Old 11-02-2015, 05:07 PM

20,493 posts, read 15,379,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
When I moved into my new place, my elderly next door neighbor actually came up to me and said "you're on my premises now, kid. Go Home" like she owned the entire block of units. She doesn't!!

She'd been used to using the previous guys frontage (now mine) as her own, parking space for friends and fambly (against the law btw) and tried to bully me into letting her continue.

I want to put a garden in so. Over her dead body.

Fortunately the Powers that Be intervened and told her to pull her head in but Im still freaked out by her, to this day. And she's 30 years older than me.

Yeah...see, that's when I start getting spiteful. I may not like to garden, but I would do it just because I legally can, and to tick her off.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:29 PM

15,370 posts, read 25,540,857 times
I don't live in an HOA but I do live in a beautiful neighborhood with homes and owners that keep them up.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:34 PM

5,457 posts, read 4,568,130 times
OP's neighbor is way out of line. Why is it people can't live and let live? Having to saturate your yard with poison just to please a nosy busy body is ridiculous. I'd ignore the weeds until I felt like pulling them, and the heck with the neighbor. If they are so bothered by the weeds, they can come over and pull them out themselves.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:01 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,431,793 times
i like weed, grab a bag of wild flower seeds and go wild, they never see the weeds because of all the pretty flowers

Old 11-02-2015, 09:09 PM

8,874 posts, read 12,898,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
This thread reminds me why I need some land and no HOA where I live. To each his own. I have better things to worry about than some low weeds among the pebbles.
Funny, this thread reminds me of why I'm happy to live in an HOA community.

I pay a company $100 early each March to spray the rocks that stand in for a lawn in my desert landscaping. To me the equivalent of $8.33 a month is money well spent, considering I rarely see a weed the rest of the year. If I do, I pluck it out the minute I see it. If the roots are hard to get, I pour white vinegar on it. Easy peasy. And probably no more expensive than spraying multiple times a year myself.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:21 PM

39,337 posts, read 14,413,122 times
Thread temporarily closed pending review by assigned moderator.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden