U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM

1,577 posts, read 661,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Did anyone else notice a huge amount of crickets this year? Tons of baby crickets, yet not so much chirping and not one got in the house? It was odd.
Nope, not a whole lotta crickets where I reside. I do get a few in the garage, but that really sums it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:40 AM

5,502 posts, read 1,322,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIcenter View Post
It really was an exceptional year (butterfly wise) for us on Long Island. Fingers crossed next year will follow suit.
Got my fingers & toes all crossed!

By the way, I tend to perceived that the Spring, Summer, & Falls on LI are always too short while the Winters seem to be getting longer ~ almost like 6 true seasons instead of 4? As in something like Spring, Summer, Fall, Locking, Winter, Unlocking ...

& the following thoughtview on the butterflies is based more on a sortof 'karmic imagining' than on anything else ~ however I like to think all of my neighbor's nurturings (including providing the environments & the freeings) when he was a child have returned to thank him.

Old Today, 05:45 AM

5,502 posts, read 1,322,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Did anyone else notice a huge amount of crickets this year? Tons of baby crickets, yet not so much chirping and not one got in the house? It was odd.
As with the Cicadas, so with the Crickets, tend not to notice unless prevalent, & then it's their noises that make me notice ~ as LICenter noted ~ not so much here on LI.

Old Today, 08:49 AM

1 posts
I am in Houston, and am landscaping a house I recently bought. The plants I am using include Butterfly Weed (Milkweed), specifically for the monarchs. Ever since I bought the plants, I have had monarchs, their caterpillars, and associated (harmless) bugs on these plants. I am trying to do my part, and enjoying it!

Also, I have been seeing lots of cicada carcasses around the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden