U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 07:21 PM

1,994 posts, read 2,513,304 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it has been the same here...heat is suppose to back after tomorrow and cannot come soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Not yet. It's been brutally hot and the lawn is partially dormant (cutting every 1.5 weeks now, down from 2x week) so i'm in no rush
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 07:04 PM

People still having problems finding Milorganite?

In a couple of weeks looking to go with the synthetic version one temps start to back off

Old 08-13-2019, 05:00 PM

Cannot find Milorganite in my area besides one HD. No worries in 2 weeks aerating and seeding.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:38 PM

In the past week I’ve been to two different Home Depot‘s and both of them have had Milorganite in stock. However, if you’re getting ready for your fall aeration and seeding, and cooler temps, you might want to look at the synthetic route and save Milorganite for spring and summer.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:27 AM

9,813 posts, read 10,702,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
I ended up using this.

However the price went up. Now around 19/bag.

I had one final bag of Milorganite leftover from previous fert, so I did one part of my lawn with that bag, and the rest with the lawn food stuff. We will see if I notice a difference.

Very interesting smell. It's not overpowering like the milorganite is when you do your entire lawn with it, but it does have a smell.

This past weekend, I cut low, bagged everything, fertilized, and overseeded. Yesterday was got some good rain.

It's been cooling off now. Fall is starting to show around here. Night time temps drop far enough for there to be a heavy dew on the grass in the AM.

Got a couple trees to plant this weekend and then it's just keep on top of mowing and getting ready to rake leaves.

In the meantime...if I find milorganite i'm going to stockpile it.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:39 PM

Seems now that it is getting interest, there goes the price.

Yes, great time for aerating, seeding and fertilizing.

Great deal on Amazon for starter fertilizer, then looking to follow up with a higher nitrogen in about 6 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I ended up using this.

However the price went up. Now around 19/bag.

I had one final bag of Milorganite leftover from previous fert, so I did one part of my lawn with that bag, and the rest with the lawn food stuff. We will see if I notice a difference.

Very interesting smell. It's not overpowering like the milorganite is when you do your entire lawn with it, but it does have a smell.

This past weekend, I cut low, bagged everything, fertilized, and overseeded. Yesterday was got some good rain.

It's been cooling off now. Fall is starting to show around here. Night time temps drop far enough for there to be a heavy dew on the grass in the AM.

Got a couple trees to plant this weekend and then it's just keep on top of mowing and getting ready to rake leaves.

In the meantime...if I find milorganite i'm going to stockpile it.

Old Yesterday, 05:19 AM

For those looking for Milorganite, seems to be plenty in stock at your local HD.

Old Today, 07:39 AM

7,300 posts, read 5,542,637 times
I had great success with Milo keeping rabbits away. Does it do any good with deer?

Old Today, 07:41 AM

Yes, definitely effective with deer.

I am curious if it is with squirrels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I had great success with Milo keeping rabbits away. Does it do any good with deer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or