U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 10:02 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,077,268 times

Advertisements

Has True Value already had their annual spring sale?

Looks like some recent changes with Milorgranite:

https://www.milorganite.com/blog/mil...-names-changes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 09:59 AM

3,820 posts, read 4,435,454 times
I've been using it for a few years and I'm impressed. When we moved into the house, the lawn had bare spots and lots of weeds. The only thing I did was use Milorganite on schedule and hand pull weeds. After the first year, there was fewer weeds and more coverage on bare spots and that continued. Now 3 years later, no bare spots, super green and healthy. Even though we have no leaves on the trees and my middle and late season daffodils and tulips haven't started to bloom, the grass greened up first and it's full. I will use it in my next home.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:21 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,121,562 times
I'm using it for the first time this season, so we'll see how it goes. I put it down a day before we got 3" of heavy, wet snow and .5" of rain, so I am hopeful to see a marked difference this week.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:08 AM

Agree, love this stuff!

Still waiting for it to be on sale at True Value.

Great on lawns, shrubs, and general plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I've been using it for a few years and I'm impressed. When we moved into the house, the lawn had bare spots and lots of weeds. The only thing I did was use Milorganite on schedule and hand pull weeds. After the first year, there was fewer weeds and more coverage on bare spots and that continued. Now 3 years later, no bare spots, super green and healthy. Even though we have no leaves on the trees and my middle and late season daffodils and tulips haven't started to bloom, the grass greened up first and it's full. I will use it in my next home.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:01 PM

8,542 posts, read 8,648,789 times
I've already thrown Milorganite down this year. I did it early enough that I'm on the verge of being ready for the first cut, and the grass is a nice dark shade of green. I have neighbors lawns still coming out of dormancy and mine is taking off pretty good. I love this stuff.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:36 PM

4,663 posts, read 8,347,948 times
reston - I'm somewhat surprised that I haven't commented on this thread, as I use Milorganite every year on my lawn (and have for years). I usually apply the processed poo of the good people of Milwaukee to 'freshen' up my lawn before the 4th of July. There's no worry about it burning and the yard looks great - it does smell a bit but I apply it about a week prior to the holiday.

I like that Milwaukee found a good use for the sludge, however I was surprised to read that the sales don't cover the costs. I had hoped that Milwaukee made enough off the sales to lower their utilities cost and would like to hear from anyone who has details of the business side of the product.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:22 PM

1,756 posts, read 1,102,982 times
Our final snow just melted last weekend. Today I did a first mowing, then put down 9 bags of Milorganite. I have a 1/2 acre lot. It probably won't rain again until Wednesday, but I'm ready for it!

I can't wait to see what this does. Still trying to recover this yard after the previous owner did all they could to kill it dead. I removed 27 - 4x9x3ft deep trailer loads of oak leaves right after we moved in two years ago... It was a real mess... I've been working on it since then as finances allow, and it's going ok so far.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:48 AM

Keep us posted on how it goes and what you think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMan7 View Post
I'm using it for the first time this season, so we'll see how it goes. I put it down a day before we got 3" of heavy, wet snow and .5" of rain, so I am hopeful to see a marked difference this week.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:03 AM

Milorganite contest.

https://youtu.be/dNxr2p4tAnI

Old 05-06-2018, 02:00 PM

1,756 posts, read 1,102,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Our final snow just melted last weekend. Today I did a first mowing, then put down 9 bags of Milorganite. I have a 1/2 acre lot. It probably won't rain again until Wednesday, but I'm ready for it!

I can't wait to see what this does. Still trying to recover this yard after the previous owner did all they could to kill it dead. I removed 27 - 4x9x3ft deep trailer loads of oak leaves right after we moved in two years ago... It was a real mess... I've been working on it since then as finances allow, and it's going ok so far.
I just put down 6 more bags of Milorganite over the sides and back yard where the grass is still having a having time coming back from all the oak-leaf KILL the previous owner left and never picked up for YEARS. I didn't re-add any Milorganite for the very front yard that was hydro-seeded early last September, as that already looks like a golf course after the first 2 bags of Milorganite it got last weekend, and the second mowing yesterday. It's lightly sprinkling rain right now, so hopefully it'll rain just a little more and water it in some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or