U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 04:02 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,077,268 times

Advertisements

Picked up 12 bags of Milorganite at $7.49 on an online price match, nearly half off the regular price, through Home Depot..

Looking to put down a couple of bags this evening, then a couple more on July 4th, then save the rest for fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
I just put down 6 more bags of Milorganite over the sides and back yard where the grass is still having a having time coming back from all the oak-leaf KILL the previous owner left and never picked up for YEARS. I didn't re-add any Milorganite for the very front yard that was hydro-seeded early last September, as that already looks like a golf course after the first 2 bags of Milorganite it got last weekend, and the second mowing yesterday. It's lightly sprinkling rain right now, so hopefully it'll rain just a little more and water it in some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 07:30 AM

1,756 posts, read 1,102,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Picked up 12 bags of Milorganite at $7.49 on an online price match, nearly half off the regular price, through Home Depot..

Looking to put down a couple of bags this evening, then a couple more on July 4th, then save the rest for fall.
It never sells that cheap in mid-Michigan. Average Home Depot price is $12.67 a bag. Lowes is $12.97.

P.S. I went for my walk around the neighborhood this morning. It's trash pickup day, so the bins are all out. I saw something interesting sticking out of one of them. I flipped up the lid, and there's a Scotts broadcast Spreader in there! Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Even if it needs a little repair, you can't beat FREE!. It's now at my place, SCORE!

Old 05-12-2018, 06:30 AM

Never sells that cheap here either, but was able to match it for an online price.

I was surprised, but quite happy. :

Congrats on the spreader!

https://youtu.be/5YBNiap_ysk

Quote:
It never sells that cheap in mid-Michigan. Average Home Depot price is $12.67 a bag. Lowes is $12.97.

P.S. I went for my walk around the neighborhood this morning. It's trash pickup day, so the bins are all out. I saw something interesting sticking out of one of them. I flipped up the lid, and there's a Scotts broadcast Spreader in there! Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Even if it needs a little repair, you can't beat FREE!. It's now at my place, SCORE!

Old 05-12-2018, 02:11 PM

4,663 posts, read 8,347,948 times
Mike = " It's trash pickup day... and there's a Scotts broadcast Spreader in there!"

Had to rep you for being frugal

Old 05-12-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Mike = " It's trash pickup day... and there's a Scotts broadcast Spreader in there!"

Thanks! The door on the bottom wouldn't close, due to the plastic return spring was missing. I MacGyver'ed a metal spring (extra from my lawn mower) to it, and now it works perfectly!

Old 05-13-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post

Old 05-19-2018, 05:51 AM

AmaIng what a little patch work will do.

Application of Milorganite is looking amazing. Just enough greening.

Quote:
Thanks! The door on the bottom wouldn't close, due to the plastic return spring was missing. I MacGyver'ed a metal spring (extra from my lawn mower) to it, and now it works perfectly!

Old 06-03-2018, 01:24 PM

Just 4 weeks until the next application of Milorganite...hoping your getting great results with this product.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:18 PM

3,820 posts, read 4,435,454 times
Did they change the formula? It seems like my grass greened up a lot faster with the application on Memorial Day weekend.

Old 06-07-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Did they change the formula? It seems like my grass greened up a lot faster with the application on Memorial Day weekend.

Yes, it changed, though there may still be plenty of "old formula" bags out there yet in the wild. Every few years it changes as things change in their recycle of waste.

Doing nothing but Milorganite on the side and back nearly-dead lawn (15 bags total) from the previous owner that I'm trying to recover, and it's brought back the lawn to about 75% restored! I'll do another bunch of them end of July or so. Next year I'll start spraying for weeds, and that should get the lawn recovered nicely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or