U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2017, 10:22 PM

3,413 posts, read 2,109,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
PURE BS!. I've owned a Honda mower for over 30 years and none I've ever used had the rear wheels lock up. They have ratchets on the rear wheels that allow it to move backwards, unless you're a complete moron and don't turn loose of the forward drive. Sometimes you just have to be smarter than the mower.
Not BS at all. I bought the Honda others had recommended this weekend. I will wait until I use it a few more times before posting my impressions (used it twice so far), but the problem with it refusing to go backwards is absolutely real. You literally have to drag it backwards. If you read reviews on homedepot.com or powerequipmentdirect.com, you will see many complaints about this. I was musing to myself this weekend, while wondering how much my back and shoulders were going to hurt from dragging an 83-pound mower backwards -- do the Japanese think Americans only mow their lawns in a forward direction? I can see it now. We all mow off into the sunset, only going forward, endlessly. Hey, I had to find some humor in the situation.

But at least this mower starts up, unlike my stupid Toro Super Recycler. Bah.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 10:25 PM

3,413 posts, read 2,109,357 times
Funny thing about all the complaints about Craftsman, which I understand are pretty typical. The cheap piece of junk Craftsman mower that I bought in a rage 2 years ago, when my Toro wouldn't start the 2nd time I used it, is still going strong. I changed the oil this weekend, didn't even bother to replace the spark plug or the air filter, as I didn't have either of them handy, filled the gas tank, pulled the cord once and it started right up. LOL If only the dang thing had the power to mow my large, uneven backyard! At least it was a pleasure to mow my front yard with a nice lightweight mower that actually goes go backwards.

I guess I just got lucky with that Craftsman mower. I am not complaining.

Old Today, 01:14 AM

17 posts, read 1,470 times
In my experience, Troy-Bilt TB220 is the best option. This mower is relatively easy to use. It has blade controls which are conveniently located on the handle making it quite easy to start/stop the blades and the engine. It has a very light-weight and super self-propulsion which allows you to remain more independent & self-reliant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or