U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 04:26 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,914,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Do you want a cute goose, or one that looks real, like this?

Red Hill General Store: Flambeau Lawn Ornaments

Just one of the silly stand-up ones that you can dress in seasonal outfits. Most of the goose would be covered by clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
These people sell concrete geese and outfits to go with them.

Goose Clothes and Goose Outfits, Cement and Concrete Lawn Geese - Lawn Goose Designs - (303) 797-7394

edited to add.. found one on Amazon that has a hole in the bottom to add sand.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009W6CZH4?psc=1

Thanks. I've looked on Amazon, but I'll have a look at your first link. Concrete would be nice, but shipping would probably have to be financed. Not to mention I'm a little old lady and can't jerk the thing around if it weighs much. The Amazon descriptions don't say much but the customer reviews to talk about the hole. That would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post
you have to shoot them before you dress them

True, that. My little S&W .38 should do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Go to a large hunting supply/outdoor store and buy a single super magnum sized decoy. It'll run you about $65.

Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
I would drill in a more anatomically correct spot and fill it with fish guts and water, so when the cork came out it would be a more lifelike representation of real geese.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I won't be able to get the stench out of my head! They are messy, aren't they! That's why I want a fake one. I have fields on 2 sides of where I live and lots of water in the area. That translates to lots of geese. Mean suckers, too. They'll stalk you and walk right up onto the porch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 06:04 PM

15,844 posts, read 18,522,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Anyone know where I can get a good quality plastic lawn goose that I can fill with sand so it won't blow away? I'm wanting an approximate 25" goose. I've searched online but often, there's no mention about perhaps separating the top half from the bottom half to fill with sand. I probably just don't know what I'm looking for.
I've seen them at lawn and garden sections of stores. What you want is a goose shaped planter.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:48 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,411,852 times
Quote:
I would drill in a more anatomically correct spot and fill it with fish guts and water, so when the cork came out it would be a more lifelike representation of real geese.
LOL....gotta spread the love around but...

Old 06-24-2016, 11:46 PM

22,829 posts, read 21,873,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Give me your address and I will send you life-like lawn geese. These are so life like that they poop, hiss, chase, and reproduce!

Every spring and summer, it's a contest to see who wins...the geese getting off the yard or the dog sneaking up on them and giving chase!

But yeah...sand for yours.
I have a lawn vulture. Thankfully, he's not looking at me.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:34 AM

16,899 posts, read 51,488,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I have a lawn vulture. Thankfully, he's not looking at me.
Keep calm and carrion.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:35 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,049,631 times
Quote:
Keep calm and carrion.

that was sooo bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or