U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 02:12 PM

6,972 posts, read 5,515,198 times

Advertisements

Triple Super Phosphate 0-46-0 is definitely highly recommended and makes your flowering plants burst with blooms.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 03:09 PM

25,654 posts, read 25,556,046 times
Maybe I already said it, but a pitcher of water with banana peels soaking in it. Soak them for two days or more, throw the water on the plants and watch! Potassium probably. It took my Raubritter rose from a few branches to full of buds and now fully in flower in no time! Works on other flowers too.

Old 06-09-2022, 02:40 PM

As much as I am tempted to try that there’s a part of me that just can’t do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Maybe I already said it, but a pitcher of water with banana peels soaking in it. Soak them for two days or more, throw the water on the plants and watch! Potassium probably. It took my Raubritter rose from a few branches to full of buds and now fully in flower in no time! Works on other flowers too.

Old 06-19-2022, 04:11 PM

Triple phosphate speaks for itself.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
As much as I am tempted to try that there’s a part of me that just can’t do it.

Why not? I took a huge glass pitcher that I never use, stuck all the leftover banana peels into it, filled it with water, covered it with plastic wrap and just left it on the kitchen counter for a few days. Didn't really know if it would work but BAM! Those roses went from nothing to (I couldn't stop taking pictures of them.) And so I tried another batch on other flowers and got the same results. Found the suggestion online. It says you can also cut up banana peels and throw them around your flower bed so I do that too, behind the big plants where it doesn't show. Got some more brewing right now, lol.

Old 06-26-2022, 03:28 AM

That stuff does an amazing job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Miracle Grow bloom booster makes my oleanders literally sag to the ground with blooms. Absolutely incredible. Never seen anything like it.

Old 07-13-2022, 03:56 AM

Just applied another application of BioAdvanced All in One Rose and Flower Care Granules to all the perennials.

Old 07-14-2022, 10:53 AM

42,794 posts, read 57,190,511 times
Banana peels can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to 2 years to break down, depending on the soil’s conditions. The peels do not decompose quickly unless they’re surrounded by microorganisms and insects. Adding banana peels to already working compost piles will speed up their decomposition.
Just throwing them down and watering them and seeing them perk up quickly would be the result of the extra watering not the banana peel.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Banana peels can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to 2 years to break down, depending on the soil’s conditions. The peels do not decompose quickly unless they’re surrounded by microorganisms and insects. Adding banana peels to already working compost piles will speed up their decomposition.
Just throwing them down and watering them and seeing them perk up quickly would be the result of the extra watering not the banana peel.
I'm not so sure. I cut the banana peels up and soak them in a pitcher of water for a few days. Then I water the flowers. It seems to work fast but there's no way I can prove it. I throw the leftovers on the ground in flower areas but they need to decompose first, so that's a long range help.

Old 07-18-2022, 05:47 PM

Whatever works best.

Lately been using Miracle-Gro Shake 'N Feed Rose & Bloom Plant Food 10-18-9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden