U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-04-2016, 03:14 AM
 
6,972 posts, read 5,537,059 times
Reputation: 2634

Advertisements

Ended up picking up a box yesterday and going to water everything today with the Booster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I would go with Miracle-Gro Bloom Booster, 10-52-10 Formula since I just found out today that the other brands I've been buying have been discontinued. You can't go wrong with the Miracle-gro brand as long as you follow the directions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-04-2016, 04:50 PM
 
6,972 posts, read 5,537,059 times
Reputation: 2634
How soon after starting to use MG BB did you start to notice a difference?

Happy 4th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I would go with Miracle-Gro Bloom Booster, 10-52-10 Formula since I just found out today that the other brands I've been buying have been discontinued. You can't go wrong with the Miracle-gro brand as long as you follow the directions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2016, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
42,817 posts, read 57,230,265 times
Reputation: 121500
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
How soon after starting to use MG BB did you start to notice a difference?

Happy 4th!
Depending on the variety of plants you normally should see budding then flowering within 3-7 days during their blooming period of the year. My daylilies started pushing out buds the 2nd day after fertilizing, and full bloom 2 days later. My roses took about 4 days.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2016, 01:20 PM
 
248 posts, read 172,096 times
Reputation: 421
Personally I find Miracle-Gro waaaaay over-rated. People are paying for the name. Fertilizers are harmful to the soil as well. Again, just an opinion from an old-timer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2016, 03:35 PM
 
6,972 posts, read 5,537,059 times
Reputation: 2634
Welcome to the forum.

We love Miracle Gro Bloom Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by composter View Post
Personally I find Miracle-Gro waaaaay over-rated. People are paying for the name. Fertilizers are harmful to the soil as well. Again, just an opinion from an old-timer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Midwest, USA
706 posts, read 676,473 times
Reputation: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by composter View Post
Personally I find Miracle-Gro waaaaay over-rated. People are paying for the name. Fertilizers are harmful to the soil as well. Again, just an opinion from an old-timer.
I find organic fertilizers to be much better than the chemical kind. I don't have enough compost in the spring to make the plants happy all summer so I foliar feed my garden throughout the growing season with a fish emulsion blend from Nature's Wisdom. My plants like it a lot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 06:07 PM
 
6,972 posts, read 5,537,059 times
Reputation: 2634
My flowering plants including roses favor the equal opportunity approach.

They like Jobes Rose and Flower organic fertilizer in the early spring with some super phosphate fertilizer and then bloom booster in the summer time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post
I find organic fertilizers to be much better than the chemical kind. I don't have enough compost in the spring to make the plants happy all summer so I foliar feed my garden throughout the growing season with a fish emulsion blend from Nature's Wisdom. My plants like it a lot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2016, 03:00 PM
 
6,972 posts, read 5,537,059 times
Reputation: 2634
Curious who else uses superphosphate fertilizer for the flowering plants?

I always start every spring off with Jobes Rose and Flower fertilizer along with some Milorganite. Instead of liquid miracle grow throughout the summer season it's been several years since I use the granular superphosphate fertilizer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2017, 08:16 PM
 
6,972 posts, read 5,537,059 times
Reputation: 2634
This year I am going solely with a granular triple phosphate to avoid the extra nitrogen...more flowers, less stem growth.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2017, 06:29 AM
 
Location: LI,NY zone 7a
2,221 posts, read 1,818,131 times
Reputation: 2741
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Curious who else uses superphosphate fertilizer for the flowering plants?

I always start every spring off with Jobes Rose and Flower fertilizer along with some Milorganite. Instead of liquid miracle grow throughout the summer season it's been several years since I use the granular superphosphate fertilizer.
The only time I use triple, or superphosphate is in the initial planting. A teaspoon or so mixed with a tablespoon of magnesium sulfate (epson salt) into the hole works wonders in getting perennials or bushes off to a good start. I then follow up with a Milorganite, Epson salt mixture maybe three or four times throughout the growing season in all my flower beds. Really no need for anything else, with the exception of acid loving plants of course. For the acid lovers; they get a Hollytone lunch twice a year. With Long Island being one huge aquifer, and me having well water, I tend to stay away from the overuse of synthetic ferts., and the like.
Here's a little something on the uses of Epson salt.

https://bestplants.com/epsom-salt-garden-cheats/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top