U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 01:17 PM

33,680 posts, read 31,029,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
If anyone knows who made the toy car that was taken I would like to know...
Power Wheels - Powered Ride On Cars & Trucks for Kids | Fisher Price
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 01:40 PM

22,324 posts, read 43,071,492 times
Thanks for the tip... didn't see that model but will keep looking.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:00 PM

3,455 posts, read 4,547,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
If anyone knows who made the toy car that was taken I would like to know...

Are you going to find one, buy it for me, and send it for me to make another planter???

http://i.imgur.com/7wgJ3xO.jpg

Old 06-25-2016, 09:21 PM

1,506 posts, read 570,147 times
Geez!!! I hate people.

When I lived in Phoenix I had a metal park bench stolen from my front porch. Went out front one morning and it was gone. And sometime later our neighbor had theirs taken too. You know that took more then one person and some planning.

I love yard art and have all kinds of welded together metal planters and cute stuff. No one has ever stolen anything where I am now. I guess it could happen, but what good is cute yard art planter things locked up inside my house? I'll take my chances.

Never have had people dig up plants, but the deer eat everything.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:01 PM

22,324 posts, read 43,071,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Are you going to find one, buy it for me, and send it for me to make another planter???

http://i.imgur.com/7wgJ3xO.jpg
Maybe I can find a twofer...

On the other hand it is rather unique... might be in the neighborhood somewhere?

After this thread starter a coworker had a planter she made from a very old suitcase... it looked cute...

You guessed... someone walked off with it.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:28 AM

2,666 posts, read 1,125,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
We have a tractor tire in our side yard that the previous owners used as a planter.
I hate that stupid thing and I am willing to pay someone a good amount to steal it......
I've always wondered how anyone would think a tractor tire as a planter is attractive... even when they paint it white.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:10 AM

62,653 posts, read 68,750,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molah View Post
I am disappointed this morning when I came outside to water my pepper plants in my backyard they were missing as if someone dugged them up yesterday. We are on the outskirts of the city but not the country. Do people really steal vegetable plants? My tomato plant's top limb was cut off but I didnt notice it until today. I have to protect my other plants from the "plant thief".
cut off tomatoes could be some animal that was really hungry, but the peppers? that is strange. What would someone want with a pepper plant already in the ground? I guess they are going to plant it and see if they can garden as well as you or something like that?

Old 06-26-2016, 11:13 AM

33,680 posts, read 31,029,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
I've always wondered how anyone would think a tractor tire as a planter is attractive... even when they paint it white.
They did not even attempt to make it look like anything else, it is not painted, just a black tractor tire with some green growy crap I hate in it.
I suppose it could be something worse like a toilet, 1/2 a car, Uncle Charlie in his rocking chair.....

Old 06-26-2016, 11:20 AM

11,834 posts, read 4,436,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
I think they're uglier when painted white!

I've used tires as cheap planters, but I've never fooled myself into thinking that they were attractive. The goal is to grow the plants as fast as possible, so they drape over the tire and hide it. Painting it white makes it harder to hide.

Back on topic -

I've heard that the way to prevent your favorite planter from walking off is to buy a heavy-duty dog tie-out - you run the stake through the drainage hole, then set the whole works into the ground. I imagine you could add a little concrete to up the ante. Of course, then your planter is in one place for the duration, but I could see this being a good idea in some situation.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:26 PM

3,455 posts, read 4,547,926 times
Should I be able to run across another car I would try to put some kind of stake embedded in concrete and put a solar security light on it, and probably put it closer to the house.

When it went missing I posted a ad on CL - figured someone may see it. I should have posted it on my local CD forum!

They have to live with themselves, whoever it was that took it. I have my suspicions that it was probably someone who was buying this man's RV camper who owns a business right near my home, and who owns the house across from me (he rents it out) so brought it there for someone to look at. I asked the renter of the house if he could ask the man if he had anyone drive up that shows on his security camera which is faced at the street you come down to my house on and see if he could tell me anything. Nothing ever came of my request. I'm guessing it was one of the RV test drivers. It definitely wasn't the man, he actually owns car dealerships, and a good portion of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden