U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2016, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
41,086 posts, read 32,773,001 times
Reputation: 57202

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Nice! When's the patio warming party?? (House warming, patio warming....get it? )


Yeah, that was lame (my comment that is)


Ok, I'll shut up now

Hahahaha! We are throwing our first patio party this Friday! Come on over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2016, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
41,086 posts, read 32,773,001 times
Reputation: 57202
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
We want to see the splashing!! Beautiful congrats. Bet you don't even notice the tiles now.

You're so right about the tiles - I don't think anyone would ever notice them and I sure don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2016, 06:48 PM
 
26,935 posts, read 38,191,714 times
Reputation: 34879
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ahhhh, the inaugural fire. We have been using the heck out of this patio space! LOVE IT.
When I saw the pic in the post I thought it was a robot from a SciFi movie. If you knew me you would understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2016, 07:04 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
41,086 posts, read 32,773,001 times
Reputation: 57202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
When I saw the pic in the post I thought it was a robot from a SciFi movie. If you knew me you would understand.
Haha! If you knew me you would understand why I took a picture of a glass of wine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2016, 02:04 PM
 
3,429 posts, read 2,135,517 times
Reputation: 7130
Everything turned out great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2016, 02:29 PM
 
26,935 posts, read 38,191,714 times
Reputation: 34879
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Haha! If you knew me you would understand why I took a picture of a glass of wine!
I prefer white as well. Birds of a feather...

Something we do - Take pictures of the wines we like so when we go to the store we get the right ones. We do this with foods and other things as well. Toothpaste comes to mind. Crest makes about 40 different kinds it seems. I also take pictures of what we don't like so we avoid those.

I have pictures of our patio recoating on one my blogs. I need to add the cast iron furniture that was left behind by the previous owners on there as well.

Edit: I added the cast iron furniture and our new patio furniture to the end of the blog.

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 10-14-2016 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2016, 06:51 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,380 posts, read 79,577,446 times
Reputation: 38701
Absolutely fantastic, complete with the Texas star and of course, what makes any patio perfect, a glass of wine and nice people to share with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2016, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
41,086 posts, read 32,773,001 times
Reputation: 57202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I prefer white as well. Birds of a feather...

Something we do - Take pictures of the wines we like so when we go to the store we get the right ones. We do this with foods and other things as well. Toothpaste comes to mind. Crest makes about 40 different kinds it seems. I also take pictures of what we don't like so we avoid those.

I have pictures of our patio recoating on one my blogs. I need to add the cast iron furniture that was left behind by the previous owners on there as well.

Edit: I added the cast iron furniture and our new patio furniture to the end of the blog.
Wow, that all looks great. You sure do have some fabulous views! And I love the color you chose for the cast iron furniture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2016, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now a Rehoboth Beach Bunny
7,254 posts, read 9,624,004 times
Reputation: 6928
With views like that I'd put up a hammock and hang outside. Beautiful job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2016, 01:38 PM
 
26,935 posts, read 38,191,714 times
Reputation: 34879
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Wow, that all looks great. You sure do have some fabulous views! And I love the color you chose for the cast iron furniture.
We do like the views. Fourth of July is something to see. It seems like everyone in the valley sets off fireworks.

It took a lot of testing to get to that color. We kept looking at tans and browns and I finally had had enough. Did a switch in mindset and ended up with blues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
With views like that I'd put up a hammock and hang outside. Beautiful job.
We have mentioned that. Things need to calm down first. Every time we decide it's time to do some outside things something comes up that sucks away all our time. For instance I've spent the last month seeing doctors. Nothing serious (although one heart doc tried to tell a problem was - not) and another of my heart docs told me I am going to live forever after an angiogram. It's just that when you move and get them set up the "See me in six months" all come due together. I am adjusting some to 4,5,7, and 8 months to correct that.

And thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top