Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 06:06 AM

265 posts, read 269,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Wow. ONE person says, "hippie garbage," and you are ashamed of an entire nation?

Anyway, I am light years ahead of you...
I got there months ago on the National Ignorance Night Train Express, driven by:
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Hillary Clinton
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio

Think I will have me a GMO treat to settle my stomach now...
Did I state my conclusion of the state of our nation was solely due to GMOs? No. I spend enough time of social media and internet forums to come to that conclusion based off a myriad of topics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 06:14 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,359,230 times
"And you probably also know that Monsanto puts dihydrogen monoxide in all their chemicals, right?"

Not specifically, but thanks.....I looked it up...here. I do know that Monsanto is on my "most avoided companies" list, right up there with WalMart. I do not like what Monsanto has done to farmers and farming with their GMO, RoundUp (Glyphosate) ready seeds.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 09-20-2016, 06:23 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,574,832 times
I reject any criticism or rebuttal that relies on insults or labels of any variety; the use of "hippie garbage" tells me more about the views of the person using that term than anything else that comes out of their mouths or from their keyboards.

I'll consider any position or platform if it's fact based and presented without bias.

As for the original post I would offer that ignorance is not bliss, it's irresponsible and possibly dangerous.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:57 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
I reject any criticism or rebuttal that relies on insults or labels of any variety; the use of "hippie garbage" tells me more about the views of the person using that term than anything else that comes out of their mouths or from their keyboards.

I'll consider any position or platform if it's fact based and presented without bias.

As for the original post I would offer that ignorance is not bliss, it's irresponsible and possibly dangerous.
Some people just have a little more fun than others.
Don't confuse that with ignorance.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:41 AM

656 posts, read 1,207,773 times
Default Seed - The Untold Story

Recently read about this movie...requesting people to spread the word about this movie , let's create awareness and have this movie screen in your city/town! Just click the link below and share it in FB.

Seed: The Untold Story

Old 09-20-2016, 07:49 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,976,558 times
ah yes the brave indigenous woman standing straight backed and tall in her native dress providing the secrets of ancient wisdom against the big bad corporations raping our earth

WOW WHAT AN EXCITING CONCEPT

What other movies can I watch by this studio?

Collective Eye Films — Collections

Tall as the Baobab tree....
The witches of Gombaga
Circle of Poison...
Matt Shepard is a Friend of Mine...
Between Allah and Me..
Queen of the Sun...What are the bees telling us??

But hey you're right we should have viewing parties LOL

pretty embarassing folks acting like they have some sort of moral obligation to shill whacko hippy nonsense to death and we're all """Bubbas""" for not being interested in the Legend of the baobao tree

I'll read some Manly P. Hall for my crazy wisdom thank you very much

Old 09-20-2016, 08:53 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,359,230 times
"I'll read some Manly P. Hall for my crazy wisdom thank you very much"....looks like a good choice...but it's also probably wise not to scoff at other words of wisdom along the way.

“It was apparent that materialism was in complete control of the economic structure, the final objective of which was for the individual to become part of a system providing an economic security at the expense of the human soul, mind, and body.”
― Manly P. Hall, The Secret Teachings of All Ages. https://www.goodreads.com/author/quo...0.Manly_P_Hall

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 09-20-2016, 09:29 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenguista View Post
I personally don't agree with the blanket statement of organic is better movement, but Monsanto is extremely dangerous and bad for everyone involved.
Same here. I don't hold back in my making fun of hippies, or for my rage of parking lot chaos on the rare occasion that I have to visit a Whole Foods. I don't buy into Organic, in fact I think it's a load of crap for the most part.

But a few huge seed companies are using predatory (understatement) tactics to make a false monopoly, and bully tactics to take any detractors out of the way. If you read up on the many problems (this is only one of them) with our modern food supply, it really is quite alarming.

I prefer non-organic to organic. I like to eat meat. While I try to eat healthy, I'm not opposed to a fast food meal or a frozen dinner, but the reality is the whole thing is F'd up. I'd welcome a screening of this in Raleigh, and I'd encourage those who think it's "hippie garbage" to at least do some honest research for yourself and be informed. (which is the way I come to the conclusion that "all organic" is not for me).

I fall short of being embarrassed for humanity because a few people choose ignorance as a convenient way to take the easy road, but a little bit of self-investigation reveals that this is a real problem (even if over-hyped by this and other movies, it's still a legit issue, IMO).

It all boils down to the same issue, and that is that big business owns our politicians. It happens with both parties, so let's not even make this a partisan issue. The local aspect is screening of the movie.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:34 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
.... The local aspect is screening of the movie.

Yup.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:26 PM

703 posts, read 780,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenguista View Post
Ahhh the lazy, uninformed, and sheep-like response of "hippie garbage". This nation scares me anymore with so many people that are unable to process info and form their own opinion.
That sounds a lot like it's meant to say "...unable to process info and form the same opinion as me..".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden