U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 09-19-2016, 01:47 PM
 
Location: NC
540 posts, read 726,102 times
Reputation: 321

Advertisements

Recently read about this movie...no screenings in Raleigh yet...requesting people to spread the word about this movie , post in FB etc so we can create awareness and have this movie screen in Raleigh and other neighboring places in NC!

Seed: The Untold Story


https://gathr.us/screening/17754
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2016, 02:12 PM
 
982 posts, read 588,920 times
Reputation: 1146
im not watching that hippy garbage

\ /
. .
O
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2016, 02:27 PM
 
Location: The Carolinas
1,873 posts, read 1,497,620 times
Reputation: 5508
Lack of biodiversity in our food supply should be something we should all be concerned about. Though the film might be "hippy", the concept is not.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2016, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Boydton, VA
1,339 posts, read 1,907,856 times
Reputation: 1905
Bubba...this is not "hippie garbage"...this is shining a bright light on big business, this is showing greed at it's worst....and the little guy doesn't stand a chance. Read this story, and imagine what life would be like if Monsanto owned the rights to all seeds...

Want to see what Monsanto (now owned by Bayer) owns ? go here'

Regards
Gemstone1
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2016, 07:38 PM
 
4,530 posts, read 3,149,836 times
Reputation: 11100
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc99 View Post
Recently read about this movie...no screenings in Raleigh yet...requesting people to spread the word about this movie , post in FB etc so we can create awareness and have this movie screen in Raleigh and other neighboring places in NC!

Seed: The Untold Story


https://gathr.us/screening/17754
Unfortunately it's an odd time for a movie....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2016, 05:16 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
1,080 posts, read 1,950,521 times
Reputation: 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
Bubba...this is not "hippie garbage"...this is shining a bright light on big business, this is showing greed at it's worst....and the little guy doesn't stand a chance. Read this story, and imagine what life would be like if Monsanto owned the rights to all seeds...

Want to see what Monsanto (now owned by Bayer) owns ? go here'

Regards
Gemstone1
And you probably also know that Monsanto puts dihydrogen monoxide in all their chemicals, right?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2016, 05:30 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
26,178 posts, read 46,899,106 times
Reputation: 24150
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohzrd View Post
And you probably also know that Monsanto puts dihydrogen monoxide in all their chemicals, right?
I drank a gallon of that stuff once, and had to pee a LOT!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2016, 05:48 AM
 
187 posts, read 102,477 times
Reputation: 236
Ahhh the lazy, uninformed, and sheep-like response of "hippie garbage". This nation scares me anymore with so many people that are unable to process info and form their own opinion.

I personally don't agree with the blanket statement of organic is better movement, but Monsanto is extremely dangerous and bad for everyone involved. To write off an anti-Monsanto film as "hippie garbage" makes me ashamed of how informed we are as a nation on topics like these.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2016, 05:52 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
1,080 posts, read 1,950,521 times
Reputation: 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I drank a gallon of that stuff once, and had to pee a LOT!
And now let's hear from the Sheeple who believe everything they see on the interweb...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2016, 05:58 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
26,178 posts, read 46,899,106 times
Reputation: 24150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenguista View Post
Ahhh the lazy, uninformed, and sheep-like response of "hippie garbage". This nation scares me anymore with so many people that are unable to process info and form their own opinion.

I personally don't agree with the blanket statement of organic is better movement, but Monsanto is extremely dangerous and bad for everyone involved. To write off an anti-Monsanto film as "hippie garbage" makes me ashamed of how informed we are as a nation on topics like these.
Wow. ONE person says, "hippie garbage," and you are ashamed of an entire nation?

Anyway, I am light years ahead of you...
I got there months ago on the National Ignorance Night Train Express, driven by:
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Hillary Clinton
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio

Think I will have me a GMO treat to settle my stomach now...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top