U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM

316 posts, read 63,545 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,

while living in Fla., had the chance to visit disney-World 4x, & each trip my ideas of enjoying own Picturesque... landscape grew, big, & then bigger yet. - Life interfered for decades, but for past 4 years I have tried >inch by inch literally< to make this, (of many dreams) also come true.
First,
I spent 2 yrs. clearing over 6000+ sq.ft. yard. Next had 1 mountain each of evergreen woodchips,+horse presents delivered, & continuing... Then got 2 gardens started both Veggies, & fruits. Of course
the real *Picturesque landscape* commenced last year, starting with single 55-ft. arched raiNbow.
Many of these ^ plants won 42 ribbons at the State Fair happy to report. True to my dreams,
the next project is adding a river-of-blue flowering plants. And beyond the food-Forest, will be
a ground-covering USA-flag. etc. etc. - Anyway, you get the idea?

Naturally I search for the Best-plants which will continue to Amaze the neighborhood lol - so
in this discussion I post links to various choices, & ask for your kind suggestions... Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM

The ground-covering USA-flag will be next to the street 3ft.W x 80ft.L so
for the Blue on left:
Anchusa
https://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.c...s/anchusa.html
for the White in middle:
snow*flake Candytuft
https://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.c...dytuftper.html
for the Red on right:
Creeping Thyme
https://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.com/perennials/thymeper.html

Naturally when the flowers bloom over all 3 seasons, the 'flag'-effect will be seen easier. - So if other Flowering plants fit this Desired outcome better, please share... Thank you!

Old Today, 06:06 AM

5,707 posts, read 7,136,952 times
Helpful to know either where you live or the zone.

Old Today, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Helpful to know either where you live or the zone.
ooops, didn't include this in here, as I already wrote it in many other threads: PNW(et) Zn.8A.
(tho micro-climates could effect too) - Thank you for taking an interest in this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden