Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 06:24 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,126,531 times

Advertisements

I can't garden. We have European fire ants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 06:25 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,092,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
LOL!! Would of been a better post if I repurposed those cups huh. lol
Yes but not until you harvest the farm the year.!!!!! Being a former NYer with plenty of family still there I know you have had a lot of the same weather we have had here, wet, damp and humid, so it will be interesting to see how you fare this year.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:18 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
well I paint rocks and form them into little bugs , vegetables , fish etc ....does that count ?

Old 06-04-2017, 08:03 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,866,470 times
We use to have a garden near our creek. We had a on large mailbox nailed to a tree we kept hand tools in. We took an old window awning from the 60s and attached it to boards between 2 trees, and hung our hoes and such under it.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:07 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Thanks! I have an old chair and have been wondering what to do...
I have started looking for one. If only I had hung on to one when I moved. The chair in the picture is really too nice. I like the old crummy ones the best.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:22 AM

183 posts, read 210,589 times
Quote:
Cool thread. Love the pics and ideas you guys.

I didn't really do anything except use old pavers from a walk way to make garden paths.

Um, did you have a huge party and forget to pick up the cups -my eye went right to the cups dumped all over the lawn...

Old 06-04-2017, 11:48 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,399,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well I paint rocks and form them into little bugs , vegetables , fish etc ....does that count ?
I think it does!

DD and I scour the woods and the rivers for interesting pieces of driftwood and attractive rocks and stones. The rocks go in my rock garden and she sometimes makes interesting stick-in-the-grounds and mobiles with the driftwood from found objects. It's several hobbies in one.

DH is patient about me hauling rocks around from wherever we travel. I imagine that hundreds of years from now an excavation of our backyard would present a pretty puzzle to an archeologist!

For a long time I also had an old rusty milk can she brought me from farm country. Once it got that textured patina it really looked nice with contrasting flowers planted in the top. I have a couple of old family Red Wing crocks I plant in every year.

And I have my eye on an antique wooden chair in the basement but I think it will take some smooth talking to persuade DH it belongs outside. It belonged to his family and he sits there to take off his muddy boots before he comes upstairs.

Down in north Iowa farm country a lot of people use cream separators as planters.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:59 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,923,786 times
Quote:
Cool thread. Love the pics and ideas you guys.

I didn't really do anything except use old pavers from a walk way to make garden paths.

Great garden and those pavers are heavy. You sure have a lot of nice tomatoes.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Those jazzed up commodes are wonderful! Looking forward to checking back here for more creations!
Thank you. When my hubby got cancer and we were spending a lot of time at the toilets I decided when life gives you S*** mosaic the toilets. Hoping to get to the master bathroom cabinet soon. the other one is my guest bath It was smaller and less visible so thought I would start there and work out mistakes before I go big. LOL

Old 06-04-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I guess i erased my friends yard picture but I am attaching a good image search so you get the idea.
https://www.google.com/search?q=glas...DC_01BTM70VDM:

All you need are so old glass, dishes bowls, vase etc. and either E6000 glass adhesive or a silicon adhesive/sealant. You r creativity is the limit.

OH Totems. They are really fun to make. I have many of them around the yard.

And bottle trees too.
Attached Thumbnails
What have you repurposed for your garden?-5-17-17-updated-blue-bottle  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden