U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 11:34 AM

13,189 posts, read 10,591,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
I'm referring to weed, not weeds, if you get my drift.

I got your drift; but they would not! Anyway; their dead, the property is sold, and I don't have to feel guilty when I pass by my old "Weeders Welcome" sign!
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:18 PM

4,543 posts, read 5,836,791 times
The cold weather is starting to move in. I finally cut my grass, the final one for the season. It had been 8 weeks from the last cut. It really didn't have to be cut, but does look better without the centipede grass seed heads, I was letting it seed out as much as I could. The junk grass is starting to die, and I've been pulling it out when I'm able to get out and work in the yard, which as of late, hasn't been much.

This is the year I get to see how my past 2 years of digging out wild garlic scapes has paid off. So far, I have found very few. The front yard had the most and as of today, I've only had to dig out maybe 10 scapes. I had a few here and there, but so far, very few. I know the season is just starting and more are likely to come up, but compared to my neighbors yard who has patches and patches of them already, I think my efforts have paid off nicely. The best way for me to see if there's some out there that I may not be seeing, a good snow!

I think the ground lespedeza is a thing of the past. Like dandelions, I may find 1 or 2 here or there, but I think I've nipped that in the buds.

I am slowly pulling out junk grass with hopes that the centipede will run in to those areas eventually. It's slowly creeping to these areas, but going to take more time, maybe another year, or two.

The wood sorrel in other areas of my yard are popping up like crazy and I will have to try and address this problem before they seed. Hairy Bittergrass hasn't been eradicated yet, I see some of those popping up. Chickweed will always be an issue, but each year, the issue gets smaller. Henbit issue is better too.

Here's a another great site for identifying weeds by region.

https://www.weedalert.com/search-by-...s.php?region=4
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or