U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 07:19 AM

5,165 posts, read 8,079,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
ok I might be missing something here

I have about 3 or 4 different kinds of salvia in my garden are you saying that there is a different use than as butterfly & hummingbird attraction ?

I do know that one strain reseeded it self because I have tons of plants where I planted 2 last year
There is one kind of it than can be smoked as a recreational substance. As of right now, it is legal to smoke in probably 47 out of 50 states. It is bought at headshops. It is a hallucinogen, but it's effects are not like any other hallucinogenic drug. It's in it's own category. It also rarely gives off seeds. That's why they are rare.

You have salvia in your garden? It may just be the kind that are used just for your garden. Do they look like this?

If they look like that, you have salvia divinorum, which is the drug.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:37 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,406,664 times
well what do you know, you learn something new every day
I am going to have to go out and take a look
after reading the posts I did some research to see if there is a common name or picture of the flowers
so far have only seen the plant pictures
hmmm lol I do have one kind that my one dog like to chew !! could that explain her craziness

lol I have often wondered why gardeners are such happy people

thanks for explaining reps for you !!!
karla

Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
well what do you know, you learn something new every day
I am going to have to go out and take a look
after reading the posts I did some research to see if there is a common name or picture of the flowers
so far have only seen the plant pictures
hmmm lol I do have one kind that my one dog like to chew !! could that explain her craziness

lol I have often wondered why gardeners are such happy people

thanks for explaining reps for you !!!
karla
If you have it, there is nothing to panic about unless you're in one of the three states where it is illegal.

As far as your dog being crazy, I wouldn't think so. Salvia doesn't make people crazy. People who are immature that use it may have a bad experience. I referred to it as recreational, but even that doesn't really describe it. It definitely isn't used for fun. That's why teenagers have bad experiences with it. It's a drug for relaxation and meditation. I forgot who it was, but there was this ancient civilization that always gave it to people as medicine. This may sound crazy, but I think a lot of people should try it. Only the mature ones though. The experience is nice if you do it right. In addition, most people who use it responsibly have reported positive effects, especially a sense of well-being and similar things. The only people who use it and get messed up are people looking for fun or people who take it thinking it will help their depression (actually makes it worse, because your experience will just magnify your depression).

Old 03-13-2008, 11:38 AM

26 posts, read 229,001 times
no need to buy seeds as they will sell the live plant at your local nursery

you must know that the leaves themselves are not that strong,which is why they make extracts of 20x and so on.Its still the leaves that are used but they will extract the active ingredient from 20 leaves and put it onto one leaf

And by the way I hate the fact that once agin the goverment is trying to control what plants we can grow in our gardens.I think people can figure out for themselves if they want to or should experiment with any of the plants in their gardens.I guess if everyone grew poison ivy,decided to eat it and when they broke out in a rash they would outlaw it too!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:45 PM

15,187 posts, read 16,039,895 times
Not all varieties are used for recreational purposes, are they? I know you can buy all kinds of salvia (sage)--both plants and seeds at our local nurseries, but I thought it was only salvia divinorum that people smoked. Is that not right?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:13 PM

790 posts, read 3,636,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
Where can I buy Salvia seeds and are there different strains of it?
just for fun .... turning you on to one of the best web-sites in existence.
The forum (not the web-site) has disintegrated over the years (i used to spend alot of time there) and there are many idiots (full of attitude and not always friendly and welcoming) hanging around there now but if you hit it right, the forum and/or chat may be able to give you some good info. There are probably still a few good folks around.
It's a vast and wonderfully chaotic yet flowing site and it takes awhile to find your way around.
Partnership for Drug Freedom in America

Last edited by rubyskye; 03-13-2008 at 09:49 PM..

Old 03-17-2008, 07:45 PM

12 posts, read 108,152 times
level 5 and 6 salvia tripper right here!!! Moderator cut: edit I was not right in head for a few days after a couple he-man bong rips of that evil evil plant extract. Unless you plan on starting your own legit salvia extract/concentrate company you are wastin your time and money.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 03-18-2008 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: edited for inappropriate language

Old 03-20-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Not all varieties are used for recreational purposes, are they? I know you can buy all kinds of salvia (sage)--both plants and seeds at our local nurseries, but I thought it was only salvia divinorum that people smoked. Is that not right?
That's correct. Divinorum is the only kind that is smoked.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:30 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,552,497 times
People keep in mind this site should not condone drug use. There are younger folks here and we don't want to be putting dumb ideas into their heads.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:07 PM

762 posts, read 1,465,374 times
Default soooooooooo

So I need to make salvia extracts on one leaf?
How do I do that?
And how many leaf extracts do i put on one leaf...if that makes sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden