U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:18 AM

5,207 posts, read 5,449,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I know of no herbicide that isn't translocated throughout the entire plant. Plants don't have hearts, but they definitely do have circulation.

Several are not translocated. Anything that ends in "quat". Paraquat is one. These are the ones they use on railways that turn the trees brown all at once. But should not be used by the average homeowner as they are unhealthy if you breathe them in directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:34 AM

13,016 posts, read 4,991,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Several are not translocated. Anything that ends in "quat". Paraquat is one. These are the ones they use on railways that turn the trees brown all at once. But should not be used by the average homeowner as they are unhealthy if you breathe them in directly.
Thanks for the info.

Old Today, 02:11 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,148,248 times
Do you do this only once a year? I'd wait until a cold day in winter to do some whacking when the snakes are bugs are gone or hibernating.

Old Today, 04:30 PM

4,934 posts, read 7,025,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Do you do this only once a year? I'd wait until a cold day in winter to do some whacking when the snakes are bugs are gone or hibernating.
That is probably the best solution. I have been waiting until they grew and then loping them off at the top. I should probably wait until this winter and cut them off at the base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden