U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 10:00 AM

6,923 posts, read 8,784,819 times

Advertisements

Just and aside -- SPRAYING with Round-Up is going to possible create a breeding ground for cyanowhatsis, but there are ways to use the same chemicals that aren't so scattergun in their effect. You can clip off a weed close to the ground, immediately paint the cut surface of the plant with Round-Up, and it will kill only that plant without turning your driveway into a remake of The Attack of the Mushroom People. Spraying it wholesale kills everything -- except your fungus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 11:53 AM

14,328 posts, read 11,264,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Good for you. Everyone has a choice.

Have you ever read the Round-up label in full? Did it ever claim that it would eliminate nostoc? Would the nostoc have come no matter what? There is something called the scientific method and it does not involve jumping to conclusions. But it is nice you found a solution to the algae problem.
The Roundup label probably doesnt tell you that its a a carcinogen either which causes cancer.... worth thinking about.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:39 PM

13,313 posts, read 29,114,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
The Roundup label probably doesnt tell you that its a a carcinogen either which causes cancer.... worth thinking about.
I've done a lot of research on it, and I have only seen where some say it's a "possible carcinogen", but there's no real proof that it is. Lots of things are possible carcinogens, including eating processed meat.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:46 PM

3,806 posts, read 6,135,432 times
Roundup's main ingredient is Glyphosate and known carcinogen. You can ingest it by eating glyphosate contaminated food, in water, skin contact, and even breathing it. Gpyphosate is seriously dangerous.
Do not allow your children or pets to run around on glyphosate grass.

Some time ago I had a fairly healthy front and back yard. I decided to get a puppy and I was aware that lawn chemicals are no good for dogs. I quit using chemicals on my back yard where the dog was allow to roam but continued to use them on the front lawn. After I stopped the chemical treatment my backyard began to look like crap. I found a company that feature natural product for lawn maintenance. Long story short. After three years with the natural products and my dog running around on the grass my backyard look far better than my front yard. After seeing that I switched to all natural products for the front and back yards. I had one of the best looking lawns in the neighborhood.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:09 PM

17,640 posts, read 16,833,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Roundup's main ingredient is Glyphosate and known carcinogen. You can ingest it by eating glyphosate contaminated food, in water, skin contact, and even breathing it. Gpyphosate is seriously dangerous.

Some time ago I had a fairly healthy front and back yard. I decided to get a puppy and I was aware that lawn chemicals are no good for dogs. I quit using chemicals on my back yard where the dog was allow to roam but continued to use them on the front lawn. After I stopped the chemical treatment my backyard began to look like crap. I found a company that feature natural product for lawn maintenance. Long story short. After three years with the natural products and my dog running around on the grass my backyard look far better than my front yard. After seeing that I switched to all natural products for the front and back yards. I had one of the best looking lawns in the neighborhood.
Back when I had a house instead of an apartment, we used a natural weed suppressant of some kind in the spring. Can't remember what it was called but it worked fine. The guy next door was a lawn fanatic and used all sorts of chemicals--his lawn had a sort of a turquoise sheen to it, a fake look. They had a cute little boy who used to run around on that lawn too.

Round Up is toxic, no matter how they try to fool you. Yet I have seen people get their lawns sprayed (by men wearing coveralls, masks, etc.) and then these idiots let their KIDS roll around in the grass.

How come lawns in places like England look so gorgeous yet junk like Round Up is banned? It's because there are better ways of doing things and you don't have to be a Monsanto junkie to know how.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Back when I had a house instead of an apartment, we used a natural weed suppressant of some kind in the spring. Can't remember what it was called but it worked fine. The guy next door was a lawn fanatic and used all sorts of chemicals--his lawn had a sort of a turquoise sheen to it, a fake look. They had a cute little boy who used to run around on that lawn too.

Round Up is toxic, no matter how they try to fool you. Yet I have seen people get their lawns sprayed (by men wearing coveralls, masks, etc.) and then these idiots let their KIDS roll around in the grass.

How come lawns in places like England look so gorgeous yet junk like Round Up is banned? It's because there are better ways of doing things and you don't have to be a Monsanto junkie to know how.
Exactly what I try to tell people too.... if these workers wear masks while their spraying the junk then what is it doing to kids and animals who play onthe grass, sit on it, touch it, then touch their face and mouth.. its all hazardous junk and the government should be shot for allowing this to be sold in the shops... youre so right in what you say.... they try to fool us...

Old 09-19-2017, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I've done a lot of research on it, and I have only seen where some say it's a "possible carcinogen", but there's no real proof that it is. Lots of things are possible carcinogens, including eating processed meat.
Oh for gods sake, give over...... the men putting the stuff down wear masks.... is that not enough for you...

Some findings.. whos working for who.... A 2012 meta-analysis of all epidemiological studies of exposure to glyphosate formulations found no correlation with any kind of cancer.[102] The 2013 systematic review by the German Institute for Risk Assessment of epidemiological studies of workers who use pesticides, exposed to glyphosate formulations found no significant risk, stating that "the available data are contradictory and far from being convincing".[10]:Volume 1, p64-66 However, a 2014 meta-analysis of the same studies found a correlation between occupational exposure to glyphosate formulations and increased risk of B cell lymphoma, the most common kind of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Workers exposed to glyphosate were about twice as likely to get B cell lymphoma.[ [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyphosate and of course Agent Orange and all the other coloured agents are a faded memory..it shouldnt be.. The truth is that RoundUp, in the form of glyphosate, , is evolved from Agent Orange. If we don’t wake up and do something then Monsanto and its government connections will completely destroy our food supply and our planet, and our health.

Last edited by dizzybint; 09-19-2017 at 03:53 AM..

Old 09-19-2017, 05:47 AM

13,313 posts, read 29,114,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
This makes no sense. Glyphosate kills grass, so why would someone spray their whole lawn with it?

Old 09-19-2017, 07:45 AM

1,535 posts, read 578,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
..... . Workers exposed to glyphosate were about twice as likely to get B cell lymphoma.[ [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyphosate and of course Agent Orange and all the other coloured agents are a faded memory..it shouldnt be.. The truth is that RoundUp, in the form of glyphosate, ,.
Actually, the biggest study on Agent Orange was published in JAMA ~35 y/a. Tens of thousands of GIs exposed to AO in Nam were paired with a cohort of GIs stationed elsewhere during those yrs. They found that 10 yrs after the end of the war, exposed guys AND their kids were healthier than those not exposed. Politicians in Congress, being what they are, voted funds for the vets anyways. Facts apparently have no place when votes are at stake.

In regards lymphoma: 2x a very small number is still a very small number.

In regards association with cancer: almost all victims of colon cancer, on close questioning admit to having swallowed small amounts of saliva on occasion over the previous ten yrs.

The advantage of glyphosate in ag is that it has a very short life in the soil, attacks plant, not animal, enzyme systems and is safer than other available herbicides. These desirable traits make it a preferred agent and this has then led to the development of "RoundUp Ready" crops, resistant to the effects of the herbicide.

Europe has outlawed the use of glyphosate, not on scientific grounds, but for economic considerations: to exclude American competition from their markets. Pretty simple.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:57 AM

3,806 posts, read 6,135,432 times
Glyphosate is banned in many countries. Now France has banned it and CA declared it a carcinogen.

https://www.pickeringlabs.com/glypho...en-california/

Glyphosate has a long list of adverse reactions. In 2010 Monsanto patented Glyphosate as an antibiotic. Glyphosate is an excellent antibiotic because it is effective at a dilution of one in one trillion. Monsanto claims that Glyphosate will not harm human cells but there is no doubt that it kills bacteria. The human gut is loaded with good bacteria that we are depended on for life. Keep in mind Monsanto has admitted their product kills bacteria in the most minute quality. Is it any wonder that when people consume foods treated with Glyphosate they are damaging and killing their own gut bacteria?

Main Ingredient in Monsanto?s RoundUp Destroying GI Tract | Natural Society

Glyphosate is in GMO foods. It is used as a desiccant in non GMO crops, like wheat, potatoes, etc.. Cotton is almost exclusively treated with Glyphosate that is used to manufacture feminine hygiene products. Check out MonsAcrossAmerica.

Please watch this video by Dr. Stephine Seneff, PhD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A0o7wI1xnA

Not only are you threatened by Glyphosate but your pets and children who are allowed to play on Glyphosate treated fields and parks are at risk. Monsanto spends millions and perhaps billions trying to hide the truth about their product Glyphosate but as more and more people become aware the the dangers there is more resistance. The best resistance is to not buy Monsanto products starting with Roundup. Stop buying GMO foods and also tell the store managers why you are not buying them. Speak to your schools and cities about Glyphosate on playing fields and parks.

https://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/f...eating/slide/2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden