U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:54 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,063,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Thanks for this tip. Is there a website for that climate heat map, if so can you please post the link for us? I tried to find it but only came across one website that has such tiny little images you can barely make any of it out. Is the map only for USA or does it include other locations too?

Yeah, I'll try to find it and post the link. But if you're in zone 7 (not sure where), you probably don't need to be overly concerned about extreme heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 02:08 PM

4,375 posts, read 4,713,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Yeah, I'll try to find it and post the link. But if you're in zone 7 (not sure where), you probably don't need to be overly concerned about extreme heat.

Thanks, that would be great if you can find it. I don't need it for myself specifically (I know my own zone, I'm in a 9b coastal microclimate) but it's likely a helpful resource to refer other people to when they are making enquiries about their own locations and gardens.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:17 PM

4,375 posts, read 4,713,251 times
I did find something interesting. It's not heat maps, it's a website with interactive plant maps zones around the world, not only for USA. Scroll down the page to find the location of your choice: Plant Maps - Plant, Tree ,Gardening ,Climate and Hardiness Zone Maps

Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM

363 posts, read 118,706 times
Default Thank you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
SO finally I learned what the letter a means..........I was not able to ''rep'' you again......

Old Today, 01:12 PM

5,468 posts, read 5,770,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
No, luv4horses. You have it backwards. Zone 7b is a warmer climate than 7a. So generally if a plant can grow in 7a, it will be fine in 7b.
oops. You are right, I switched in that sentence. Thanks for catching that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden