U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 04:17 PM

64,984 posts, read 47,303,288 times

Advertisements

Lets add some drama into this...

June 16, 2018::

TIMMBBERRR!!!!

CRUSSHHHHH!!!!! Goodbye garden

Lets look closer at the damage which I didn't really mind, better this than that dead tree hit the house in a wind storm.

Everything flattened.. Fava Beans, Cukes, Potatoes

Radishes

Fava Beans snapped in half

Bell Peppers tried to run away

Potatoes popped up out of the ground or got crushed underground. Some still remain in good shape.

So, next update will be of any harvesting or compost pile. There's always Next Year.

Oh... I ripped up most of the Tomatoes too..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 04:50 PM

11,527 posts, read 8,114,296 times
All them veges sure grew fast.

Old 06-16-2018, 04:58 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,456 times
Uhmmm....make a potato salad?

Old 06-17-2018, 11:52 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,138,723 times
Oh no, Cam, you have had some drama for sure this season! I can't believe you've had so little sun! At least your cool season stuff did great. Were your tomato plants diseased or just not getting enough sun/heat? It looks like your peppers and potatoes are doing well. Sad that the tree took everything out - but plants are very resilient and I would bet most/many of them will rebound if given the chance..

We've had the exact opposite weather here - scorching heat and little rain the past 3 weeks or so. This week is supposed to do a 180 - clouds and rain/storms and temps in the low-mid 70s for the next 6 days. I hope it doesn't let disease set in. Everything is off to an amazing start so far.. we'll see.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:02 AM

13,104 posts, read 17,640,353 times
okay well first off sorry for all of the loss cam that stinks . Our weather is scorching heat this week into the 100s for sure and now im worried my plants are going to stop production because of the heat but I get out there mostly every am and water them because of the temps being so hot and humid , I hope this heat goes away soon I mean 80s I can take even 90s but the 100s no thank you and my flowers are doing great and so are my cucumbers . my cukes are going crazy up the side of my deck . I pray they get done soon cause my mouth is watering for cucumbers .my san marzanos are ripening on the vine .

Old 06-22-2018, 01:14 PM

64,984 posts, read 47,303,288 times
Haven't had much time to post anywhere just wanted to answer this again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Cambium, what happens if the compost-heap potatoes start growing?
Check it out... I should leave it as is to hide the compost pile.

Look at all the roots forming inside the compost pile. That's actually the "bad" potato I threw in there. Looks like it's rooting and producing the plant but no tubers.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden