U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:48 AM

58,061 posts, read 40,588,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
That's the one. I could not for the life of me remember the name.

Thanks.
Yup. I got 3 Pin Oaks on my property. Beautiful trees but the brown leaves staying I don't like. Althought get a good wind and rain in December and off them come. Like this year. 2 of the 3 are almost bare now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:10 AM

58 posts, read 18,237 times
Default Better photo needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
We bought our home recently, and have trouble identifying what this tree in our backyard is. At first we thought it was an Oak, but it's December now and it still hasn't lost leaves. Is this an evergreen tree?
Please take up close sharp photos of a single leaf - the front and back, so we can see lobes, veins of a leaf and how smooth or hairy the sides of the leaves. Then- the small branch- looks like the leaves are alternate on the branch? Not opposite each other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden