Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 02:57 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times

Advertisements

I'd love to see both in person and I'm trying to get enough courage to paint a garden chair fuschia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=GoPvathpFPY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 03:49 PM

6,150 posts, read 4,514,052 times
Do it. It's only scary thinking about it, but once it's fuchsia, you'll wonder what you were so worried about. I know this because I painted my unfinished wood IKEA cabinet teal with lime green edging - after years of considering which wood stain color to use.
Ha ha, none.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:51 PM

30,525 posts, read 16,222,191 times
go for it, nk. if you don't like it you can just paint it again.

But I think you will like it and be glad you did it.

just think: fuschia chair + lavender table = columbine

Old 12-18-2017, 07:39 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Yes, a fuschia chair!

Old 12-18-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
go for it, nk. if you don't like it you can just paint it again.

But I think you will like it and be glad you did it.

just think: fuschia chair + lavender table = columbine
Just wonder how the HOA in our new neighborhood would react but I'm a firm believer in asking for forgiveness rather than for permission. And it would only be visible from a small spot in the side garden. I'm thinking about running for the HOA myself. Right now the builder and management team IS the HOA and will be until the last lot is sold.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:23 PM

HOA? What HOA? (sorry it's sideways)
Attached Thumbnails
This fiber artist's garden is reflected in her quilts-img_0774.jpg  

Old 12-19-2017, 09:49 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I'd love to see both in person and I'm trying to get enough courage to paint a garden chair fuschia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=GoPvathpFPY
Last spring my tax lady gave me permission to spend some $$ on some thing that would give me Joy.. So when I left her I stopped at the store and bought a $25.00 gallon can of Fuchsia paint. I do not have a lovely video but I will post a link to how far that gallon went and there is still some left for next year. I ended up painting the whole house outside too, only in white with black trim and haint blue front porch ceiling. It had been the pretty yellow of this ladies house but It needed painting badly.

There are many photos of my Fuchsia. I also did turquoise and greens. I was using up paints I already had on hand. More to come next year. And YES it totally gives me joy every time I look out my house windows. Scroll down on this page a little to get to the color explosion.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50185661@N03/

Last edited by shades_of_idaho; 12-19-2017 at 10:07 PM..

Old 12-19-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Last spring my tax lady gave me permission to spend some $$ on some thing that would give me Joy.. So when I left her I stopped at the store and bought a $25.00 gallon can of Fuchsia paint. I do not have a lovely video but I will post a link to how far that gallon went and there is still some left for next year. I ended up painting the whole house outside too, only in white with black trim and haint blue front porch ceiling. It had been the pretty yellow of this ladies house but It needed painting badly.

There are many photos of my Fuchsia. I also did turquoise and greens. I was using up paints I already had on hand. More to come next year. And YES it totally gives me joy every time I look out my house windows. Scroll down on this page a little to get to the color explosion.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50185661@N03/
LOVE the color - also the fence and ceiling. But the bathroom! I wish you could come and do mine. It's so dated and blah. And how did you do the window that looks like pressed plates?

Old 12-20-2017, 12:00 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
Thank you NYC refugee,

The window is pressed plates and sugar bowl lids. My dear friend died a year ago . Her kids where going through the house clearing it and called me over to see if there was any thing I would like. Dear Louise never threw away anything. EVER even lids with no bottoms. I brought them home and added a few of some of my favorite bits and made a Memory window. The pieces are glued to an old window with the glass still in it. Then between the pieces I added some semi clear and patterned glass and some bevels I had for doing stained glass which I do not do but bought them on the cheep. I glued them on the glass with silicone. GE II clear is really good for that. Let it all dry well and put the window up in my bathroom window for privacy. I love it. I can still open the window behind it. She would be pleased I was able to use them in this way. She was such a Lovely Lady.

The bathroom was a total blast to do. I have wanted to do it for so many years. This is a manufactured home and there was a dust up on the cabinets we wanted. We had the kitchen and laundry room cabinets re-faced but I told hubby I would do the two bathrooms in mosaic. I enjoy doing it. Unfortunately he never got to see this one. He died before I got it done. But he was totally on board with my doing it. I have a trunk top I did as a test to see if we could live with it before I committed to the cabinet. I am excited to get the master bath cabinet done. It is much larger.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:25 AM

My favorite is the steps. How did you do that? Seems like only a tiny short animal could get down that low. The whole thing is very bright and cheerful. And boy---do you have winter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden