U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 06:50 PM

584 posts, read 181,348 times

Advertisements

I was going to loosen up the soil and get my container ready for some annuals on my balcony. I notice a couple double primroses I planted last year are growing back. I wonder if I should wait and see how well they grow or just dig them up and throw away now. Iím not in a hurry but Iím also pretty sure they wonít be as nice as new store bought ones.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:22 PM

4,700 posts, read 4,946,318 times
Five years ago I planted double primroses directly into flowerbeds and left them there. They have been growing, dividing, spreading and blooming every year since then.

Yours look like they have been dividing. You could experiment, try taking them up and separating them all from each other and replanting each one individually so it has more space, is not crowded, to get fuller blooms growing on each plant. Or leave them as they are. Or toss them. Go with your intuition about what you want for your planters.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden