U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 09:18 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,130,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMan7 View Post
WHOA, Cindy, that's some garden you have there - so lush and green!! And that pepper plant -

Please continue to join us in the forum and certainly feel free to start your own thread if you want everyone to follow along in your journey this season! It looks to me like your garden loves being in the ground - you must have very good soil there! We have decent soil, but I like the mobility of changing things up from year to year, though I rarely change too much. I do move some of the smaller containers around to take advantage of shade/cooler temps, etc.

Don't worry about your significant other - if garden is your passion, do it. Mine pretty much stays out of it because it's MY garden. Sometimes I ask for a little assistance with a few things, but otherwise it's MINE ALL MINE. He has his electronics and I have my tomatoes. Just the way it was intended. Haha.

What do you have planned this year? It looks like you have plenty of space to grow whatever you want!
Yes, that Ghost Pepper plant was SO Healthy I thought it would never stop producing last year!! LOL

My son wanted me to grow it so I did. He took a few ripe ones to High School last year in August and his friends thought they were really tough until they tried a taste of that pepper. One kid started crying (big old football player). He warned them but that's a guy for ya. He even had one of his teacher's taste one---that teacher put a piece in his mouth, spit it out and said "Damn It!" and ran for the teacher's lounge. HA!

Anyway, gardening is one of my biggest passions and I will start my own thread on here.
It's so nice to know others, like you, love it just as much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 10:03 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,138,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Wow Nick, those pics are great!! And Yes, Bad Nick for taking pics while you drive. Silly man!

The mountains are So beautiful!
Thanks, Cindy! They certainly are, especially this time of year when the mountains are still covered in deep snowpack. The fresh new green growth in the foreground always makes for stunning scenery that cameras (or camera phones) just can't capture.

I'll pull over next time..

Old 05-09-2018, 10:06 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,138,723 times
Quote:
Yes, that Ghost Pepper plant was SO Healthy I thought it would never stop producing last year!! LOL

My son wanted me to grow it so I did. He took a few ripe ones to High School last year in August and his friends thought they were really tough until they tried a taste of that pepper. One kid started crying (big old football player). He warned them but that's a guy for ya. He even had one of his teacher's taste one---that teacher put a piece in his mouth, spit it out and said "Damn It!" and ran for the teacher's lounge. HA!

Anyway, gardening is one of my biggest passions and I will start my own thread on here.
It's so nice to know others, like you, love it just as much
That's hysterical! Ghost peppers are nothing to mess with, that's for sure. I am growing several for the first time this year, but only as a novelty. I don't plan to mess with them too much. The structure of the plant and leaves themselves I find very interesting. Much different than other pepper varieties. I grew habanero last season and that's more than hot enough for me.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Cindy!

I'll pull over next time..
Good idea! LOL

Old 05-09-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
That's hysterical! Ghost peppers are nothing to mess with, that's for sure. I am growing several for the first time this year, but only as a novelty. I don't plan to mess with them too much. The structure of the plant and leaves themselves I find very interesting. Much different than other pepper varieties. I grew habanero last season and that's more than hot enough for me.
Seriously, handle the plant (at ALL times) with gloves on!!

Good luck growing them. I gave most of them away to people that love hot & spicy food. I can't tolerate that stuff. (Stupid acid reflux! Argh)

Happy Planting!

Old 06-07-2018, 02:15 PM

NickMan7, How is the gardening going???

Old 06-08-2018, 06:07 AM

13,104 posts, read 17,640,353 times
Quote:
NickMan7, How is the gardening going???

yeah he has not been on in over a month I hope he is okay and nothing bad happened .

Old 06-08-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
yeah he has not been on in over a month I hope he is okay and nothing bad happened .
I hope he is okay too......

Old 06-09-2018, 12:12 PM

64,990 posts, read 47,303,288 times
Looking good Nick! Wow! Beating me for sure. I been off this forum for a while. Need to catch up

Old 06-11-2018, 09:25 AM

No reply from Nick yet.......
Yikes. Hope it's just because he is busy.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or