U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 07:37 AM

610 posts, read 342,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
do you want to get rid of quail get yourself a border collie she cleaned out my entire yard of rabbits . she did not kill them they just don't come in my yard anymore my guess is because they have seen her and smell her . without her my tomatoes would have been eaten by now from those furry varmits .
That makes me smile. I can just picture her.

I do have a dog that does the same thing, but he is not out all the time, so the quails still have opportunities to pillage! We did clear out some shrubs last year and that has seemed to help. They don't have as many easy places to hide now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 06:01 AM

12,718 posts, read 17,074,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuglf View Post
That makes me smile. I can just picture her.

I do have a dog that does the same thing, but he is not out all the time, so the quails still have opportunities to pillage! We did clear out some shrubs last year and that has seemed to help. They don't have as many easy places to hide now.

oh no my border is not out all the time either because of the tremendous heat and beside the fact that dogs want to be with their pack and I and the other lil dogs are her pack and she is very protective of me . In fact the other day the neighbor came over and she hit the window and the neighbor jumped and I swear if I did not know better she was snickering because she scared someone .Do you remember the cartoon with the old lady on the cane and the hound dog that used to protect her ? that is how I feel sometimes . anyways take a look at my photos of the mortgage lifter and german pink now german pink I don't think I will grow again but the mortgage lifter oh my yes .

Old 07-08-2018, 09:55 PM

610 posts, read 342,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
oh no my border is not out all the time either because of the tremendous heat and beside the fact that dogs want to be with their pack and I and the other lil dogs are her pack and she is very protective of me . In fact the other day the neighbor came over and she hit the window and the neighbor jumped and I swear if I did not know better she was snickering because she scared someone .Do you remember the cartoon with the old lady on the cane and the hound dog that used to protect her ? that is how I feel sometimes . anyways take a look at my photos of the mortgage lifter and german pink now german pink I don't think I will grow again but the mortgage lifter oh my yes .

Old Today, 11:34 AM

1,697 posts, read 1,044,769 times
Beautiful update Nickman! Your plants are amazing! Your front yard with all the flowers is just gorgeous! Love love love!!
You have a green thumb for sure!!

I have something eating the tops off of some of my green pepper and tomato plants and I suspect it is a deer. Found deer poop in the garden. Argh...although I do love the critters, I just don't want them mowing down my veggie plants. LOLOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or