U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 03:49 AM

12,981 posts, read 17,419,006 times

Advertisements

you know I find tomatoes to be funny creatures . One year you will get an awesome harvest from a plant and then next season it putters out early or not at all . I guess you can say that some tomatoes are like people sometimes they like you and sometimes they don't and if you happen to get one that does not they sure let you know it . Same way with most things I guess . funny huh ? Nick your harvest looks great and im still eating tomatoes from the last harvest and that will be it but I m still very happy at how much money I saved on not buying tomatoes also .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 03:31 PM

1,340 posts, read 3,121,915 times
phone, ain't that the truth!! I loved Stump of the World the first two seasons, but the last few have been a complete flop. I don't know what has happened, but I may just need to move on from it. On the other hand, several other varieties do fantastic every year regardless of the weather. I think weather is the number one culprit, but each seed is certainly unique, as well, and could easily play the most important role as to whether or not a plant ends up healthy or not. Soil is important, too, but it's odd that some varieties thrive while others fail in the exact same soil. Instead of trying to figure it out, it's so much easier to shrug it off and try again next season! Every year presents its own challenges and its a lot less stressful to just keep trying again. Part of the fun in all of this is to just do it and see what happens! It doesn't have to be perfect and, more often than, not we're pleasantly surprised!

I hope you've enjoyed your 2018 season! I certainly have, though it's been a much wilder ride than any other season in the past 6 seasons. Hopefully next season will behave itself.

Also, you're so right when it comes to savings. In my area, organic tomatoes are $5.99/pound. I have grown easily over 100 tomatoes this season in excess of one pound and I only invested *maybe* $100 in the garden this season. Just water and fertilizer. Already had the seeds and equipment..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or