U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 02:35 PM

4,297 posts, read 4,593,945 times

Advertisements

The sprinklers are winterized. I cut my lawn low. I think around 2.25 inches. I mulch my leaves into the lawn and flowerbeds with the mower. My south facing trees are naked but my north facing trees have most of the leaves. I put the Winterguard down since no Milorganite around for miles. The lawn looks like green carpet though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 02:50 PM

8,803 posts, read 9,023,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I cut my lawn low. I think around 2.25 inches. I mulch my leaves into the lawn and flowerbeds with the mower. .
I do the same. I find that going lower on the mower height in the late fall helps the leaves blow across the grass and hopefully keep going. When it's taller, the leaves settle into the dips and stay there. I usually mulch the leaves in until the last week or so of falling. Then there's just so many I have to rake.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:55 PM

13,526 posts, read 7,229,374 times
I probably did my last mowing of the entire yard but will mow over some final leaves this weekend.

Is it too late for a final Milorganite blast?

Old 11-07-2018, 07:30 PM

4,297 posts, read 4,593,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I do the same. I find that going lower on the mower height in the late fall helps the leaves blow across the grass and hopefully keep going. When it's taller, the leaves settle into the dips and stay there. I usually mulch the leaves in until the last week or so of falling. Then there's just so many I have to rake.
I read somewhere that the last low cut helps prevent lawn mold and disease come spring and summer.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:05 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,146,620 times
Well with that link it is a 3rd party seller so they always sell at unrealistic prices.

Quote:
That's triple the price. Is there a shortage issue in the southeast?

Old 11-11-2018, 08:09 PM

Baker Advanced All Season Long Grub Control.

I generally put it down in early June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Can't find it either at my local HD or lowes.

I typically apply it 3x per year on my lawn. I wasn't planning on using it now, but it's just curious that it's rarely in stock. I feel like I should buy some for next spring as soon as I see it on the rack, vs trying to wait and buy it a few days before I apply.

I plan on doing Wintergard in the next week or so.

My lawn is starting to go dormant. Frosts are regular and the leaves are falling pretty well now. Growth has slowed, although I think I need to do one final cut before changing the oil on the mower and putting it away for the year.

Lawn looks fantastic. I managed to thicken it up considerably, but lost a few large patches due to grubs. Ive since gotten them to grow back with new seed. I need to add grub control to my regimen next year.

Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM

8,803 posts, read 9,023,332 times
I'll need to grab some of that then. Seems what I thought was a difficult area to grow grass in my yard late in the season is actually a grub problem.

Old Today, 06:23 PM

Yes, just be sure not to go to short on the cutting height.

Quote:
I read somewhere that the last low cut helps prevent lawn mold and disease come spring and summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or