U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 05:48 PM

1,444 posts, read 2,129,634 times

Advertisements

Time to get your lawn ready!

https://youtu.be/dNxr2p4tAnI

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 03:52 AM

https://youtu.be/2s7CqJBuEzg

Old 05-08-2018, 08:18 AM

8,711 posts, read 8,906,804 times
I think my lawn is pretty much ready. I've mowed it twice at summer length and it needs to get mowed again. We've had plenty of rain and the milorganite I threw down in march really helped the grass take well. I've also noticed VERY little weeds this spring, probably due ot my aggressive weeding last year and my continuous overseeding last fall. I'm actually quite impressed. I wish I had pics, but 3 years ago my 15,000 SF lot had very little grass. Was just weeds and moss and rocks and misc plants.

Now it's just thick excellent grass that's actually quite easy to maintain now.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:28 AM

18,107 posts, read 16,448,492 times
Here's a lawn related question. This has got to be the worst year ever for dandelion weeds in lawns and in grass in general. I've never seen so many dandelions in flower and now going to seed. I think the weather must have had something to do with it, we had a very cold wet Spring and mowing was delayed for at least a month. A neighbors lawn up the street is choked with dandelions and the grass along some businesses are just as bad. So do dandelion like cool wet weather, even some snow? The lawns didn't get growing until well into April.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:47 PM

4,670 posts, read 5,829,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Here's a lawn related question. This has got to be the worst year ever for dandelion weeds in lawns and in grass in general. I've never seen so many dandelions in flower and now going to seed. I think the weather must have had something to do with it, we had a very cold wet Spring and mowing was delayed for at least a month. A neighbors lawn up the street is choked with dandelions and the grass along some businesses are just as bad. So do dandelion like cool wet weather, even some snow? The lawns didn't get growing until well into April.
My neighbors on both sides have them but I've only noticed one in my yard. The reason is something I had done last year since I hadn't used weed and feed or anything that kills broad leaf weeds.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:03 PM

Congrats, I am sure itís the best looking on the block!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I think my lawn is pretty much ready. I've mowed it twice at summer length and it needs to get mowed again. We've had plenty of rain and the milorganite I threw down in march really helped the grass take well. I've also noticed VERY little weeds this spring, probably due ot my aggressive weeding last year and my continuous overseeding last fall. I'm actually quite impressed. I wish I had pics, but 3 years ago my 15,000 SF lot had very little grass. Was just weeds and moss and rocks and misc plants.

Now it's just thick excellent grass that's actually quite easy to maintain now.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:49 AM

8,711 posts, read 8,906,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Congrats, I am sure itís the best looking on the block!
Almost. I live in a neighborhood with a bunch of retirees that have the time to spend tending to their lawn much more than I do. As a result, they are a bit more polished, although I think my grass quality is better.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:05 AM

318 posts, read 178,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
My neighbors on both sides have them but I've only noticed one in my yard. The reason is something I had done last year since I hadn't used weed and feed or anything that kills broad leaf weeds.
What did you do last year?

Old 05-13-2018, 07:56 PM

4,670 posts, read 5,829,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
What did you do last year?
I did spot spraying many times last year with various weed killers I ordered online. I kept spraying to try to eliminate chickweed in the spring and creeping Charley for from spring until fall.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:32 PM

Well it doesnít take much with just a little bit of work to get amazing results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Almost. I live in a neighborhood with a bunch of retirees that have the time to spend tending to their lawn much more than I do. As a result, they are a bit more polished, although I think my grass quality is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or