U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 10:18 AM

11,499 posts, read 5,926,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Mud.
Not even mud...got another inch of snow last night. This feels like the longest winter and latest spring EVER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 10:18 AM

2,858 posts, read 1,559,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMan7 View Post
My raspberries and strawberries are coming out of hibernation beautifully and the trees are just starting to barely bud/leaf out - other than that, not much. I keep looking around for tulips, but I haven't seen many. Probably another two weeks or so. We're supposed to get into the mid-upper 70s the next few days with lows in the 40s and I would bet that will wake lots of things up..
I just got out in the garden, looked like my strawberries didn't fare to well this winter. I didn't get the strawbale I bought on them in time before the first snow, heavy and wet got EM.

The raspberries and grapes, gogi berries, etc remain to be seen.

Also all the leaves weren't off the trees before the snow set in this winter.

Even with my bad knee I need to get some cleanup done, so working on it today whike it's semi warm and sunny.
It's near to 40 , so best rake and mulch leaves whike the sun shines.

Out with the lawn mower, hope it starts, it's hard enough to start in the heat of summer, let alone cold chilly days.

Best get to it.

I think the rest of the garden will go fallow this summer as I should be having my knee replaced.

Sad.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:36 AM

4,990 posts, read 9,053,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Love the quince....just beautiful. Azaleas in VA now...? None blooming around here in NC that I've seen...
Mounds are mounds of azaleas blooming here in coastal NC..and all sorts of pink and red and white flowering trees.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:54 AM

9,277 posts, read 1,371,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
I just got out in the garden, looked like my strawberries didn't fare to well this winter. I didn't get the strawbale I bought on them in time before the first snow, heavy and wet got EM.

The raspberries and grapes, gogi berries, etc remain to be seen.

Also all the leaves weren't off the trees before the snow set in this winter.

Even with my bad knee I need to get some cleanup done, so working on it today whike it's semi warm and sunny.
It's near to 40 , so best rake and mulch leaves whike the sun shines.

Out with the lawn mower, hope it starts, it's hard enough to start in the heat of summer, let alone cold chilly days.

Best get to it.

I think the rest of the garden will go fallow this summer as I should be having my knee replaced.

Sad.

Good luck with the knee!

Let your garden rest a yr.

You could could have a few vegetables or flowers in containers...no hoeing, heavy lifting, no kneeling. Cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh herbs....pole beans, even squash and zucchini...eggplant does well in containers.
It'd keep your spirits up, picking your ripe cherry tomatoes for your summer salad...

Old 04-09-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Mounds are mounds of azaleas blooming here in coastal NC..and all sorts of pink and red and white flowering trees.
Oh of course...I'm in the mts....

The coastal azaleas are really pretty when blooming, enjoy for us all...

Old 04-09-2018, 12:09 PM

390 posts, read 175,306 times
Nothing is blooming. My garden was almost completely exposed for the very first time this year, then it snowed five inches last night. Bye spring, back to winter yet again. I am itching to see my daffodils come up. Maybe in another month.

Old 04-09-2018, 12:51 PM

71 posts, read 62,575 times
Rhubarb, chives, mint!!!!

Old 04-09-2018, 12:58 PM
JRR

2,492 posts, read 1,578,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I was stationed in Wilmington many years ago (1970-71) when I was in the US Coast Guard. I remember how beautiful the azaleas were in the spring and how much I liked the Azalea Festival.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:50 PM

3,626 posts, read 6,857,935 times
Grape hyacinth
Johnny jump-ups (violas)
Forsythia (almost done)
Dandelions!

Old 04-09-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
Grape hyacinth
Johnny jump-ups (violas)
Forsythia (almost done)
Dandelions!
Love
Johnny Jump-ups!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or