U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:07 PM

2,772 posts, read 1,491,098 times

Advertisements

NYC, I've tried to grow rambutan, and no success with it either. Jackfruit is one I've not acquired seeds to, but would give it a try if I did.
Thanks about the white sapote. I was/am part of a California Fruit tree message board where someone who grows them there sent me fresh seeds. That was the only way I could get them up. I had purchased seeds on Ebay, but they weren't fresh and none came up.

Now if I could get my hands on seeds to red Maylasian guava (fresh) I'd have it made.

Yes, I hate the heat down here too, but it did give us the choice for tropical fruits I couldn't have grown up in Va. So I have to take what I can get
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:27 PM

2,060 posts, read 668,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
NYC, I've tried to grow rambutan, and no success with it either. Jackfruit is one I've not acquired seeds to, but would give it a try if I did.
Thanks about the white sapote. I was/am part of a California Fruit tree message board where someone who grows them there sent me fresh seeds. That was the only way I could get them up. I had purchased seeds on Ebay, but they weren't fresh and none came up.

Now if I could get my hands on seeds to red Maylasian guava (fresh) I'd have it made.

Yes, I hate the heat down here too, but it did give us the choice for tropical fruits I couldn't have grown up in Va. So I have to take what I can get
I wish we'd had this conversation before I became a refugee because NYC had three Chinatowns and you could get all those things. How fresh I don't know, but I'd have sent you some. Jackfruit is hard to get, only one place I knew of, but come August I was there. Full of seeds. Red Malaysian guava I'm not so sure about, but rambutan was thick on the ground, in every stage. And you're right to take advantage of the one advantage the rotten weather gives you. Please check back in and let us know about the sapote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or