U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 12:14 PM

346 posts, read 177,554 times

Advertisements

Does places like Home Depot or Lowe's sell them? Are they even in season yet? This is a gift to my mom for Mother's Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:40 PM

4,198 posts, read 1,624,202 times
Call the home depot in your town and ask. ;D

You're on the world wide web, dude, and no one knows exactly what town you live in.

Old Today, 12:41 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
27,241 posts, read 47,766,056 times
I have seen them for sale but I haven't looked at the big box home centers, I saw them at local nurseries. Some were even in bloom (forced) for Mother's day gifts.

Old Today, 12:46 PM

30,484 posts, read 36,952,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethnicappalachian View Post
Does places like Home Depot or Lowe's sell them? Are they even in season yet? This is a gift to my mom for Mother's Day!

You're in Maryland, yes? If so I don't know where exactly but check the nurseries in your area. Near Annapolis would be Homestead Gardens on RTE 214 south of Annapolis. A bit further south towards Deale is Greenstreet Gardens on RTE 258.

Both have large selections of not only Hydrangea but most other plants, especially natives.

Old Today, 03:56 PM

346 posts, read 177,554 times
My mom wanted something that she could plant in front of her house. Can something like you said (in bloom) be planted in the soil for it to be a house plant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I have seen them for sale but I haven't looked at the big box home centers, I saw them at local nurseries. Some were even in bloom (forced) for Mother's day gifts.

Old Today, 04:54 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
27,241 posts, read 47,766,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethnicappalachian View Post
My mom wanted something that she could plant in front of her house. Can something like you said (in bloom) be planted in the soil for it to be a house plant?
Yes, they are just blooming earlier than normal from being in a heated greenhouse but they are still hardy outdoors. I would get it planted before the weather gets hot and just keep it watered well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or